Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS update Battery Life Bad

Journeyman

ICS update Battery Life Bad

I Updated my phone  to FF18 ICS and now my battery life stinks! It was great running EL29 Gingerbread. Has anyboby had the same proble or found a solution? I think I want to go back to EL29 Gingerbread.

47 REPLIES 47
Journeyman

Since the update my battery life is awful and my phone is white hot.  Can't keep it in my pocked.  What a mess.

Journeyman

Add me to the list also. My battery life has dramatically diminished compared to EL29 Gingerbread. I can have a full (well, 99%) charge in the morning (6am) and with very moderate to light usage (checking emails, texting, a couple of phone calls), by noon I am down below 50%. I've never had this problem before and now I am having to charge it in the middle of the afternoon just to keep it going. About 10 min ago, I checked my phone and it was showing 71% and now I just checked it and it is at 69%....and that is not doing anything with the phone but sitting there idle. Also, I am having the wifi issue where it freaks out when the phone comes back to life. It always has to re-connect to my router when the phone is back on and sometimes it doesn't even recognize my settings. I have to toggle it off/on just to get it to work again at times. I sure hope Sprint issues some kind of fix for this because this stinks!

Journeyman

My battery life is actually a lot better after the update. It used to last about 19 hours with regular use. Right now it's been almost 24 hours since I unplugged it and I still have 61% left.

Journeyman

Well I went back to EL29 Gingerbread firmware on my cell phone and now I'll have to see if I get my old battery life back. It was a lot easier than I thought Thanks to some very smart people out their.. I'll have to give it a few charging cycles to get settled and to give am a good idea of the charging pattern. I choose to do a factory data reset also and reload all my apps. I'll post back when I get some more results.

Journeyman

Along with the Swype problems (which I already took care of), I wanted to throw my name in as one who is currently experiencing horrible battery issues.  My phone is sitting idle and as I check it randomly, I notice its battery percentage rapidly shrinking.  I'm also experiencing a strange delay at times when I press the power button to turn the screen off when it's at the lock screen.  These things never happened with the prior version of Android.  I'll need to plug in my phone before bed to keep it from bothering me during sleep.

I really hope that this is taken care of -- and soon.  I've waited many months for this update; I'd rather not wait as long for a fix.

Journeyman

If you are having trouble of ANY kind with the update, go here and follow the link and follow the instructions!

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/94352?tstart=0

Journeyman

PACKHNTR wrote:

If you are having trouble of ANY kind with the update, go here and follow the link and follow the instructions!

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/94352?tstart=0

Unfortunately a account reset does not work. I have tried this as well as many other people. There are also significant threads in XDA that are also reporting this issue. And the dev community is working to try and find a remedy. It is the way samsung/sprint implemented ICS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1777649

Journeyman

probably why my phone still hasnt shown the update notification. maybe sprint pulled it after so many complaints!  the last thing i need is my phone to die off on a client business call due to ICS massive battery drain.  there was a youtube video link posted on xda of a guy's phone that litterally lost 1% battery life per  minute!  i would not be willing to charge my phone several times a day, thats for sure.

Journeyman

albundyhere wrote:

probably why my phone still hasnt shown the update notification. maybe sprint pulled it after so many complaints!  the last thing i need is my phone to die off on a client business call due to ICS massive battery drain.  there was a youtube video link posted on xda of a guy's phone that litterally lost 1% battery life per  minute!  i would not be willing to charge my phone several times a day, thats for sure.

Can you post that link in here? That would be very helpful for a reference to others and sprint if we can get them to acknowledge this thread.

Journeyman

ICS has made my battery life terrible and my phone run like crap. It's also very buggy.

What's the best way to go back to Gingerbread?

Journeyman

I've also had terrible battery life since the update.  I've performed a factory reset, and I'm not sure if that's helped or not at this point.  At home, where I really noticed the drain, I'm on WI-FI all the time.  My wife also has an epic 4g touch, and she's had the same issue.  She did a factory reset too.

I also installed Juice Defender to see if that would help.

Since I've been at work, with wi-fi off and juice defender running, the battery has dropped 3% in a half hour.  That doesn't seem too terrible actually...  When I get back home I'll have to see how it does when connected to wi-fi.  (I also changed the setting in advanced wi-fi so that it doesn't stay connected while asleep).

Journeyman

CAS818028, its in your xda linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axmj2EAZMvE

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat