cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS update date?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ICS update date?

When should I expect the official ICS release from sprint for the GS2? Or should I root my phone and get it elsewhere? Touchwiz is making problems for me.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: ICS update date?

I have played with leaked versions of ICS for the Epic 4G Touch and would have to say the software is getting better and better...it is definitely smooth.  You can check out youtube video reviews of it.  Although I can't tell you when we will get the update (since I don't know), a lot of progress is being made.

-John

Journeyman

John then explain this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-vivid-att-officially-getting-its-ice-cream-sandwich-now

How can an htc with Sense and not pure google like the nexus get ICS before us? I mean seariously? Lets be real the reason this is being held up is because of the new nexus phone coming to sprint. Putting ICS on your existing phones would simply tap into sales of the new phone. I can almost bet that once the new galaxy nexus hits sprint within a week all other phones will  get it. I just wish sprint would be upfront about it.

E

Master

What is there to explain?  All I can say is that Sprint hasn't announced when it will be relased and I personally don't know either.  I have played with it and I was able to find some bugs myself.  Like GPS sticks and keeps "searching for satellites" or the contacts wont open if you have it set to sync several accounts.  I know the leaks are pretty recent because the name of the software contains the date...For example FC 18.  F=the 2012, C=the month, and 18 the day of the month. I prefer the stock EL29 because it has very few bugs and the battery life is pretty good.

Honestly in my opinion, ICS software for the Epic 4G Touch isn't ready yet.  It isn't finished.  THAT is why it is not released. 

-John

EDIT:  Also

One other bug is with notifications.  You will get the sound/vibrate for a while then it will just stop notifying.  You have to completely reboot just to be able to get a ringtone to play when geting a text message.  If you don't believe this, you can look at the XDA developers thread where people have used the leaks and have various problems.  I will not post the link since rooting your phone in order to install this software is not supported by Sprint.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat