cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS upgrade signal issues..

Journeyman

ICS upgrade signal issues..

Anyone else having the same issues with the latest ICS upgrade on the GSII or any other Andriod phone?.. I did a Profile and PRL update, and still having intermittent to No 3G/4G, LOS (Loss Of Signal) or displays a Circle With A Slash, and The Triangle Of Death (Roaming).. I used The Coverage Maps Page for my location and it shows "Good Signal" for Voice and "Sprint 3g & More" for Data.. What other steps can be performed to resolve this issue?..

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: ICS upgrade signal issues..

I had poor service on my Evo 3d and was sent the SGS2 E4GT as a replacement and it's just as bad.  I've read many others are noticing the poor signal too after the ICS update and would be curious to see what other phones may be experiencing this.  You may also check out this thread if you haven't already, seems to have a lil more attention.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/464586?

Highlighted
Journeyman

We hae the same issue... plus.. texts not coming in until you hit "accept" because it says you are roaming and then it comes in twice.  Many apps stopped working too.  Foursqare for examples says somethign like "sorry your connection is wonky"... Customer service told us we shouldn't have done the upgrade ourselves and we should have taken the phone to the store for them to do it... seriously?  Went to our local store after making a "service" appointment only to be told they don't do "service" there.  Very frustrating.

Journeyman

Count me in also. I did the latest update and have noticed my signal strength is either null to nothing at all. Inside my house, I used to get around 3 to 4 bars of signal and now, I am lucky to get one and I always get the circle with the line and that triangle I hate to see. I have never ever roamed in my area and this is dissapointing. Also at times, I try to make a phone call and it will just hang right up. This has been occuring lately and I have to power down the phone and reboot again. I am thinking of taking my phone in this weekend to the Sprint store so they can check it out. My luck, they will tell me they have never heard of this happening before and that there is nothing wrong with it. Boy, that ETF is beginning to sound like a wiser investment the more I think about it. Oh, and don't even let me get started on 3G/4G speed. I live in near downtown Houston, a city that supposedly has 4G LTE (I know, my device isn't LTE compatible) but 3G data is just plain pathetic! Right now, I just did a couple of speed tests and here are the extreme results:

Ping: 335 & 138

Download: 205 kbps & 165kbps

Upload: 55 kbps & 152kbps

Wow, when I had dial-up many years ago, I think it was faster than that!

I tried to do a SpeedTest with 4G (which I could before the update) but know I can't even get a signal lock for 4G. And I am paying the extra $10 for......?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat