cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Cream Sandwich *NEWS*

Journeyman

Ice Cream Sandwich *NEWS*

Contacted the Galaxy S smartphone support line yesterday. Was told by a representative that the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch will be receiving an OFFICIAL ICS update starting next month.

Hopefully they come through this time.

Galaxy S Smartphone Support Line: 1-877-392-425299

Tags (3)
39 REPLIES 39
Journeyman

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich *NEWS*

Really? wow ! that is outstanding. I have been typing in "samsung epic 4g touch ice cream sandwich" in Google's search bar since i first heard about a kernel/leak in January. I really hope the update is worth it, and hopefully its sooner in the month than alter. Like starting at 12:01am May 1st! I thought about trading my phone for an iphone 4s but i decided to keep the gsii e4gt due to progress on ICS.

Journeyman

Well for one thing some apps have features only supported by ICS,e.g. Time Warner's live streaming. That's one thing that has been putting me off about Android recently, there is so much fragmentation. Google shouldn't release their updates till they have everyone on board and ready to roll out.

Journeyman

that is true, i tried to download two apps (nova launcher and chrome beta) that were not supported by the gsii... sometimes i wanna switch carriers.. updates arent coming fast enough.. i was looking a friends nokia lumia 900 and its pretty nice.. sometimes i get fed up with android

Journeyman

i just called the number (take away the two nines at the end ) and a custom representative told me that they are unable to present when ICS wil be available. so, where did your info come from ?

Journeyman

They gave me that same line "I cannot comment on when that software will be available" After some coaxing "This is rediculous, that this is like one of the only models of the GS2 that hasn't received the update yet, and it's on a major cell carrier.."

Rep says "Let me consult with my manager, please hold"

Comes back a few minutes later "Yes, that software should start rolling out next month"

May be a BS line, but here's hoping that I wasn't just fed a line.

Journeyman

They (Sprint Cust Service) told me the same thing about FROYO's upcoming release back in January 2011.  It didn't arrive for 9 months. 

Whatever gets you/me off the line so they can move on to the next customer is priority #1.   Their pay is based on a delicate balance of

speed and accuracy.

Journeyman

I contacted sprint today and they said they were rolling out ICS for E4GT as we speak. I asked her if she was sure, and she said she was sure.

Can someone else call and confirm the accuracy of this statement?

GrandMaster

unless you see it posted in here by one of the sprint techs then its not actually happening. theyre pretty good at letting people know a few days in advance when its coming out and what all things it will change on your phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint has not received any official notification that ICS will be available next month on the Epic Touch. If it becomes available, we will make an announcement here in this forum when the update is available.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

It was just announced today that Samsung started rolling out ICS to ALL UNLOCKED GSII devices in the US.. See here for article http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/20/android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-galaxy-s-ii-now-available/

So my questions is, when will th GSII on sprint be getting this update.  How is it the Unlocked phones get the update before Carrier Driven Phones.  That is BS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Would be nice to get ICS soon!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat