Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Cream Sandwich *NEWS*

Journeyman

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich *NEWS*

I want ICS!!!!!!shift1!

Journeyman

Yes that would be nice. ICS this weekend.

Wizard

Unfortunately, sprint is a bit slow to update their versions.  I doubt we'll see anything this weekend. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Youmobile.org shows ICS started updates to the USA 4/20/2012.

Journeyman

Here's the link to youmobiles article.

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry/SGSII-ICS-CRS

Journeyman

Can you post the link? All I see there is post about the unlocked versions getting ICS.

Edit: Ha there is a glitch in the matrix. I replied before you posted the link but the timestamp is reversed. Anyway that's actually the unlocked versions and not E4GT. Thanks for the link. I have been blaming Samsung for the delay but seems like Sprint is the real culprit here. My contract is expiring in just a month or two, I'll keep this in mind when deciding to renew or not.

Journeyman

The link I posted is the only one I have. Sorry if it's only unlocked versions.

Journeyman

I'm waiting on the upgrade also. We shouldn't have any bugs with ICS by the time we receive it.

Wizard

It will be available, however, we don't yet have a timeline.  When it's released there will be an announcement made in this forum.  Hopefully we'll get approval to announce it a bit earlier than usual, but that's usually just a few days, not months.  

Wizard

There is still a bug with notifications that is holding it up.  However, pretty much everything else works really well, especially the network location and GPS. 

If you have any particular question, I'd be happy to tell you how my phone behaves on leak FD19 (see XDA developers).  And for those that don't venture over to XDA, this is almost the 30th ICS leak for this phone, they've squashed quite a few of the bugs along the way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, ready for ics.

Journeyman

I hope ICS fixes my ghost/phantom menu button on mine & doesn't break anything!  GPS on my unit is SOLID, but I get a chaotic ghost menu button when in low signal areas.  I thought it was just my phone, but when I saw my wife's phone do it too, then I figured it was not just my unit! 

Holding my breath & hoping...

Justin

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat