Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Cream Sandwich *NEWS*

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich *NEWS*

No details available yet, about the release date.

Journeyman

Latest build FD24 is the latest version for ICS.

Should be a few more weeks. I'm thinking mid May for official OTA update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm betting that we get the ICS update by May 1st because the G3 release was announced for May 3rd and the EVO 4G LTE for May 7th. Also, the latest leaked ROMs are pretty rock solid, so I would bet the official OTA release release is imminent.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, FD24, very well may be the OTA update we have all been ANXIOUSLY awaiting. However, having seen the ICS that was pushed out to GS2  in Europe, as well as to the factory unlocked GS2 (which btw, Sprint refuses to allow us paying customers to use on their service), I have to say, I  am totally unimpressed! It's only about 2% different than Gingerbread, compared to a completely rethemed and upgraded experience that the above named GS2 users are getting. GS3 is coming, and in order to get the full experience of that phone, I'll be buying the factory version, and paying what only really adds up to about $15 per month more to join the customer appreciating and serving AT&T family! Sprint has let me down too many times not to switch amd get full friendly service, plus the actual features of phones and Android OS

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just upgraded my kids Acer A100 tablets to ICS today. Not leaked builds, but updates from the company via wifi. 4.0.3 was installed on all three tablets. My E4GS2, the most expensive of the 4 android devices still sits in limbo. WOW!???????????

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in Mesa AZ. Yesterday I took my phone in to the nearest corporate Sprint store due to some weird behavior my phone was displaying (which turned out to be a dying battery). When I told the rep my phone was doing weird things, her first response was "oh was it the update?". So, that might mean it's imminent, and that also might mean there have been problems...and of course it might mean nothing at all

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here it is the end of May, still waiting for this update.  My husband just upgraded to a new phone, with ICS, and im so jealous.  Im SO tired of waiting months after updates are released, it took forever to get gingerbread!!  This is frustrating, makes me want to switch carriers

Highlighted
Journeyman

I strongly concur. Anyone from Sprint care to give us an update/reason for no update??

Highlighted
Journeyman

found the official how to if you're a techie....

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s2-epic-4g-touch-android-4-0-3-ics-fd05-firmware-77826/ 

***dont attempt this unless you're a techie and have never done this before.***

Highlighted
Journeyman

Part of the reason for the delay is a bug that was discovered in the emmc firmware which can cause the phone to brick when certain functions are used (factory data reset / wipe).  Members of the xda developers community worked tirelessly with Google & Samsung developers to come up with a workaround.  Now that the firmware bug issue has been "resolved' (as well as all the other polish that Samsung does put in), the OTA update has been sent to Sprint and should be in the testing phase.  I'm sure Sprint doesn't want their upcoming SGS3 release marred by any SGS2 ICS issues popping up and will be putting it through its paces before they send it out.

That being said, I've been running ICS leaks on my SGS2 since late last year.  The latest leaked build (FE22) is smooth as butter.  It shouldn't be long now...

Highlighted
Master

As you can see from the post above the software was not ready. Sprint does not write the software that is done by Google then sent to the phone manufactures to tweak for there devices.  The nexus just got the upgrade recently, that software does not have any manufacture modifications done on it.   We are simply waiting for Manufacture to release the software.   We try not to guess when the software will be ready this causes more concern when it is later than we say it will be.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Great, thx for the update. Read about some wifi battery-drain issues w the leaked builds. Have you experienced any such thing w FE22?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat