cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Cream Sandwich *NEWS*

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ice Cream Sandwich *NEWS*

Contacted the Galaxy S smartphone support line yesterday. Was told by a representative that the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch will be receiving an OFFICIAL ICS update starting next month.

Hopefully they come through this time.

Galaxy S Smartphone Support Line: 1-877-392-425299

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Journeyman

Haven't had issues with excessive battery drain due to wifi on any recent ICS build.  As long as you have a good wifi signal and the phone isn't boosting the radio power in order to maintain good bandwidth then you will be fine.  I usually leave mine on overnight as wifi signal in my house is stronger than 3G.

Overall the battery lasts a good long time.  I was using some tweaks that Kobridge over at xda came up with on the last build and was getting almost 2 days on one charge with light usage.  Granted, the phone didn't run as smoothly as it would otherwise, but performance vs battery life will be a personal choice for a while I think.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you know how to plug in your phone and click a button.........you can have ICS on your SII today! 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671356

Highlighted
Journeyman

i found issues between the 4G and 3G and receiving data while on 4G.  when I used only 3G i got data but no incoming phone calls.  So ICS for now is removed and I am back to Gingerbread for the time being.  Other than that, ICS is slick and fast as lightening!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will advise you to study the numerous ICS ROMs that are readily available at forum.xda-developers.com. READ all instructions given with each one. And even recommend following the instructional videos by qbking77 on YouTube to obtain root and to install the various roms. been running Blu Kuban ROM myself since it was first released and am now a tester for various developers. just like with Gingerbread, youll find far better than what is going to be pushed OTA now likely well after GS3 is released due to pure corporate greed. But if you DO flash one of these ROMs remember to either return to pure stock before acceptibg OTA, or just wait for the .tar versions to vome in xda soon after. Safe flashing and happy waiting for those who choose to continue to hope Sprint will do the right thing

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat