cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung Galaxy S2

Sprint Employee

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung Galaxy S2

If you have not already done so, you may want to check for update through Kies, you can download it from www.samsung.com/us/kies, it may save you time in waiting.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I hope its another OTA update because the last one screwed me so badly I can't even connect my phone to my PC via USB. It no longer recognizes it. Tried reinstaling the drivers and Kies wth no luck.

Journeyman

Thank you. I was at my whits end trying to figure out why my phone is pretty much useless to me now because it's always connected to a charger now. Then I come up here and see that there is a new firmware available. I'll be on the lookout for it and pray that it fixes at least some of the issues that I'm having.

Wizard

Note:  The update will be sent to customer over the course of the next month.  So it may take a few weeks for you to get your update.  Please be patient with us while it is released.  I just received confirmation that this will be pushed automatically and cannot be triggered by checking for a firmware update.  To confirm that you have received the update, simply check your current firmware version using the menu options that RC1024 has provided.

Hello, FH13 is the new version of software, you can verify which version you have installed from Menu > settings > About phone , the software version is listed at the end of the Build number, and Baseband version, and near the middle of the Kernal version.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

If you have not already done so, you may want to check for update through Kies, you can download it from www.samsung.com/us/kies, it may save you time in waiting.

Ok, I downloaded and installed the desktop version of Kies (Kies Air won't do firmware updates AFAIK).  Then with Kies desktop running, I connected my phone via USB, Kies desktop connected to the phone and prompted me to install the new version of firmware, which I did successfully.  I verified the firmware version FH13 at Menu > settings > About Phone;  the software version is listed at the end of the Build number, and Baseband version, and near the middle of the Kernel version.  Thanks RC1024!

The phone appears to still be working ... but so far though I'm getting strange hangups with the Chrome browser ... I'll use it for awhile and report back here my experiences.

Journeyman

I downloaded the update thru Kies that I had downloaded to my desktop. It has not stopped the battery drain. I have sent 4 texts this morning and I am at 50% battery drain. This is just uncalled for. Sprint or Android needs to fix this mess. At this rate I will have to keep my phone plugged into my computer at work, in my vehicle on the way home and plugged in once home. It is just stupid to pay this much for a phone and not be able to use it for more than 2-3 hours without having to charge it.

Wizard

Tee52,

I'm so very sorry to hear that this wasn't able to resolve your issue.  Have you taken your device to a Sprint Repair Center?  A diagnostic may need to be run on your device to determine the battery is functioning properly.

Journeyman

Wow Tee52, your battery drain issue is much worse than mine.  Sounds like either you have an out-of-control process that is excessively chewing up your battery or it is a hardware issue.  As Fergie recommended, sounds like time for a service center visit.  Good luck!

Journeyman

Fergie_B wrote:

Tee52,

I'm so very sorry to hear that this wasn't able to resolve your issue.  Have you taken your device to a Sprint Repair Center?  A diagnostic may need to be run on your device to determine the battery is functioning properly.

I have not taken mine in to the repair center but my husband has taken his. They don't seem to have a clue what to do about any issue he has had. I can take mine in one afternoon after work just to see if they can check it for me. Thanks for the help.

Wizard

My pleasure.  Please keep us updated.  I hope they're able to assist.  By the way, what is going on with your husband's device if you don't mind me asking?

Journeyman

Spent the entire evening yesterday downloading Kies, backing up my phone & doing a factory reset. I even updated the Firmware & so far,  the battery is still less than stellar. Maybe I did something wrong but this is what I did:

Downloaded Kies

Backed up phone data

Performed factory reset

Updated firmware to FH13

Performed factory reset

Restored phone data from Kies back up.

I'm really at a loss on what else I can possibly do to get this phone back to being able to get me through an entire work day. 

Wizard

JayD6,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with your device after the software update.  You followed the correct process.  Assuming you do not have any applications that are constantly running in the background, this should have improved the performance of your battery.  The problem with troubleshooting battery issues over the web is that battery life is subjective and can vary based on the individual user.  If you believe your battery is not functioning properly, the best option would be to take your device to a Sprint Repair Center so we can test the battery itself.  You may be experiencing compound issues that have nothing to do with the software update itself.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat