cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung Galaxy S2

Journeyman

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung Galaxy S2

Fergie_B wrote:

If you're experiencing battery issues, an update has been sent to your devices to fix this issue.  This will most likely improve your situation.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

To perform a software update on the Galaxy S2, select Menu>Settings>System Update>Update Firmware

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

I have been trying to update the firmware on my phone and I get an error message that says"  The firmware update could not be completed. Please try again later. If the problme persists you may need to contact customer service. Error: Connection error"

I have tried to update several times and get the same error message. Any suggestions?

Wizard

Tee52,

Are you able to access the web successfully?  If so, are you connected to Wifi possibly?

Journeyman

Fergie_B wrote:

Tee52,

Are you able to access the web successfully?  If so, are you connected to Wifi possibly?

Yes I am able to connect to the web. I have tried it with wifi on and off, same error message.

Journeyman

I tried updating my firmware, and it states that a firmware update is not available. Ive updated my prl, my profile too. Nothing is helping. Ive went from a nice galaxy ii that had an avg battery life of 30-40 hours to 11 hours when i let it sit all day, and 6-8 hours when i actually use the phone. I tried downloading lte onoff, all that did was kill 4g, which i can do without the app. Needless to say, but did you even test tics on this phone before releasing to customers, or are we your testers. Someone who made the decision to release this without resolving the bugs should be fired asap. Roll back to gb seems like the most appropriate response since i have been unable to find a fix for how long now?

Journeyman

Btw, it took 13% of my battery just replying...

Wizard

Tee52,

We may need to get your device into a Sprint Repair Center manually load the update over the wire.  If you click on the link that's attached to the phrase "sprint repair center", it will take you to our store locator.  This will allow you to find the closest repair center as well as to create an appointment to avoid long wait times.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Wizard

HAPASAN wrote:

Btw, it took 13% of my battery just replying...

I'm very sorry to hear that the update is not yet available to you.  Please keep in mind that updates are pushed in waves.  Please keep checking for firmware and software updates on your phone daily.  It will be available to you soon.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

I have been experiencing several issues since the ICS update including critical battery drain but I have not seen a firmware update for my phone. Is this a case by case basis or is there a firmware update rolling out?

Wizard

JayD6,

Our apologies for the delay.  A firmware update has been released to assist with the battery life.  Please be patient while Google releases the update.  It may take some time to be available to your device.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

Thanks for letting us know about the firmware update Fregie.  I checked my phone and the firmware also doesn't appear to be available to me yet, I'll try everyday until I get it.

What version of firmware is the new update?  Is there somewhere on the phone I can check my current firmware version?

Thanks!

Sprint Employee

Hello, FH13 is the new version of software, you can verify which version you have installed from Menu > settings > About phone , the software version is listed at the end of the Build number, and Baseband version, and near the middle of the Kernal version.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

Hello, FH13 is the new version of software, you can verify which version you have installed from Menu > settings > About phone , the software version is listed at the end of the Build number, and Baseband version, and near the middle of the Kernal version.

Thanks RC1024!  Just checked on my phone and I'm currently at FF18.  Anxiously awaiting FH13 ...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat