cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International roaming warning

Highlighted
Journeyman

International roaming warning

Whenever I am at work and have the roaming warning triangle over my signal strength bars and try to send a text message I get a popup telling me that I'm in an international roaming area. I am in Missouri. How is that possiable?

81 REPLIES 81
Highlighted

Re: International roaming warning

bill9999,

Thank you for your post. That is certainly an odd happening. When this happens, have you powercycled the phone and seen if this goes away? Can you please let me know the zip code and cross streets, I'd like to check if something is going onw ith the towers that may cause this. Additionally, when was the last time the PRL was updated on the device? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem in North Georgia. Never noticed it before the Jelly Bean upgrade so could be related to that. Reboot and PRL update didn't help.

Highlighted
Wizard

vceverage,

Thanks for posting. May I have the zip and nearest cross streets to evaluate the Network in the area?

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

63131 Clayton rd and Ballas rd.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Windward parkway and alderman dr.

Highlighted

bill9999,

Thank you for the information. There are multiple Sprint towers in that area that are not showing any issues that may cause this. Can you please powercycle the phone and update the PRL and let me know if the issue persists? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted

vceverage,

Thank you for your reply. The closest tower to you, off of Edison, is not currently showing any issues and I do not see work being done in the area. Can you please also powercycle your phone and update the PRL? Let me know if this helps. Thank you.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had this issue as well. I called Sprint and the representative had me reset my PRL. I've continued to get the international roaming message.

Wright Country Road and Griffin Dive

Highlighted

SOUTHERNBELLE27203,

Thank you for your post. Does this happen on a consistent basis? How long does it stay like this on your phone? The area itself looks clear, with the only thing recently being capacity upgrades completed off of Wayne. With that said, the towers off of 64 are closer to your location and serving you. Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

It happens every day at work. I have rebooted the phone and updated the prl. I never have been able to get a decent signal from sprint at work. I never get data unless I'm roaming and then I get really slow 3g.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've also rebooted and updated PRL multiple times with no change. My signal is typically always terrible at work, constantly switching between roaming and 0-1 bars of Sprint signal. This international roaming message happens to me every day at work now. It happens any time I try to send an SMS message while on roaming. It never happened until the recent update to Jelly Bean so I'm  more inclined to think it's something on the Android version more so than a tower issue. On another note, I've noticed that sometimes when I go on roam, my clock goes back an hour to central time. Also, never noticed this before the recent Jelly Bean update.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat