cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International roaming warning

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: International roaming warning

Same issue here in Fargo, ND. Happened after applying the Jelly Bean Update and updating the PRL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I talked to a rep at the Sprint Store yesterday when I had to replace a charger cable, and he said that he's called in on behalf of a client, but no one at corporate considers it important to address.

I'll take what he said with a grain of salt regardless, because he also started talking about how Buffalo NY was finally getting 4G, and that the upgrade process was why all the towers keep failing locally.  Um, yeah, 2011 called, it wants its BS back. Put it in a press release or STFU.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem in Provo, Utah all over Brigham Young University's campus. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II. It warns me that I am international roaming I am getting charged for sending international messages. Please tell me how to fix this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Canned Sprint response:  Utah borders Arizona which borders Mexico.  Please move further away from the border.  We don't need to fix anything because no one is going to leave over this problem.  Also, reset everything. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have also started getting the international roaming message when sending texts from my home to my daughter 14 miles away.  Just started recently.  Have not made any changes to my phone.  What is the issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have the same issue. Samsung Galaxy S2 which was recently upgraded to Jelly Bean telling me I'm in International Roaming when sending texts from several area's near my house and at my house. I live in Philadelphia, PA 19119 but this has also happened in zip codes 19128,19129, 19038. This never occurred until the Jelly Bean upgrade so I'm pretty convinced it has to do with that.

Highlighted

All,

Thank you for your replies and my apologies for this delayed response. From what I can tell via the information on this thread, this is happening with Samsung products. With that said, I do see a variance where some are having the issue when texting only while for others it is randomized and on calls. I am going to forward this information to Samsung and work with them in conjunction with our tech team to see what a cause may be. We greatly appreciate your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

SprintIronman wrote:

All,

Thank you for your replies and my apologies for this delayed response. From what I can tell via the information on this thread, this is happening with Samsung products. With that said, I do see a variance where some are having the issue when texting only while for others it is randomized and on calls. I am going to forward this information to Samsung and work with them in conjunction with our tech team to see what a cause may be. We greatly appreciate your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Thanks! Its a about time someone is addressing this. Why so long of a delay with a response on knowledgement?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having same issue when texting in local areas when on roam.  I'm in Green Bay, WI. I started getting the warnings while near the Canadian border and Minnesota and it hasnt stopped now when it roams, trying to send text.  Using Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  Staerted beginning of Aug.

Highlighted

Cyconelli,

Thanks for your post. Since you've been back to Green Bay, have you powercycled the device and updated the profile? It's possible in this case that the issue began with the border and held on to the device for some reason. Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi -

I too am having the same problem.  I have the Samsung Galazy Epic Touch 2.    Mine started after the Jelly Bean update as well.    I am in Reno, NV 89506.  Nearest Cross Streets - North Hills Blvd and Golden Valley Rd.    Last night, I had a an emergency call from the Sherriff's office and it went to straight to voice mail.  My kids tried to call me and it did the same thing.  I tried to call out and I had the triangle.  I tried to text, got the international roaming message.  I ended up removing the battery and turning it back on again and it was fine.  It has done this to me in the past and I thought it was a fluke.  Last night caused me some serious problems.   Do you know of an update to solve this problem? 

Highlighted

SIERRACC12,

Thank you for your post. Did you get the international roaming alert before or after those calls went to voicemail? Was it only when you actively went to use the phone that the message came up? I checked around your area and do see that the majority of the towers are being upgraded, which may be the root cause in your case. I am going to reach out to the network technicians in the area to see if this may be on our end rather than the device. Thank you.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat