cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International roaming warning

Highlighted

Re: International roaming warning

GregA232,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your most local tower, off Baihly Summit Drive SW is having upgrades applied to it, as are the adjacent towers. These upgrades may cause sporadic issues such as this. Technicians are working to get everything completed as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had similar problems, as has my wife. We both have Sprint, using Galaxy SII phones. I get the "international" warning in a number of different places. I live in St. Louis, never been within several hundred miles of any international border. The issue has been occurring in multiple locations, as noted, and after multiple reboots and PRL updates. Seems to only happen (as noted by all the other users) when the phone is in roaming in a location where there is poor signal from any tower. Usually this means inside a building, in a basement, etc. I get the warning and have just ignored it since I know I'm not on any international signal. But it is is annoying. Clearly some interaction with the Sprint service and how roaming service is interpreted by the phone is causing the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this problem very often - I am in downtown San Francisco. 94104

Highlighted
Master

Hello tutu52,

Did you have international roaming added to your account? If so, you will need to contact Sprint Worldwide Care at 888.226.7212 option 2. They will be able to troubleshoot the problem and get this situation straightened out.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, I didn't wee this. But, No. I have no reason to ever use International Roaming.... It still happens every week or so. Whenever I speak to a Sprint rep for whatever reason, they always ask me the address, tell me there are no outages and that there is a major upgrade going on and things wuill get better - can't tell you how many times I have heard that and nothing ever changes for me here in San Francisco

Highlighted
Journeyman

Before Sprint turned on 1x800 service in Omaha I had the same problem with the International Roaming notifications when my phone roamed to US Cellular for voice or text and I would lose data service as well.  When I called Sprint about the problem I was told I had the correct PRL for my phone.

Now that 1x800 service has rolled out, my phone no longer roams like it did before so I don't know if the problems with the International Roaming notifications and loss of data service has been fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem, and last month even had an international text message charge, I have never left the states. Today it has been happening at: 28016 Whitesides Rd, between Dallas-Cherryvilke Hwy and Hephzibah Rd.

Highlighted
Master

SeppyJoy7 I have checked the area and there is currently no reported issues. However, I would like to look into this further by checking the coverage you're getting on your device. Please send us an email by following this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X .

- Lavauna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I also just started seeing this happening to me too as well today. I haven't had any (and I mean absolutely zero service whatsoever) at work and today I received this international warning. I'm in Corning NY 14830, cross streets are bridge street and market street. I can already tell you the towers are fine since I've been trying to resolve my issues with sprint reception at work for months now, but feel free to check anyways.

Highlighted
Master

zombiecowmeat Let's look into why this is happening. What is the model of your device?

- Lavauna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S5

Highlighted
Master

zombiecowmeat -

Not good to see that you have this issue. Found no open network events there. I alerted our Network Team about your issue. Please use Sprint Zone App http://sprint.co/1Dq6X3A for connection diagnostic and troubleshooting.

- Luis
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat