Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer Crashing?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Internet Explorer Crashing?

I have noticed some issues in the past week with my IE browser on my Galaxy S2. The page appears to be loading (google is the home page), but it freezes when the green load bar is about 90% across. After about 20 seconds, the browser crashes and returns to my home screen. If I manually close the browser before it crashes on its own and then restart IE, the green load bar only goes to about 20%. If I allow the browser to go ahead and crash and then restart, IE loads without any problem.

I have restarted the phone, pulled the battery, and two days ago spoke to a Sprint CSR who recommended to do a factory reset. This happens on network and wifi. No improvement. I have had this phone for nearly two years without many problems- but this is the first time I am experiencing this one.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Internet Explorer Crashing?

Housecat99,

Thanks for posting. You may have some corrupted data causing the crash, please take the following steps. Apllications>settings>applications>tap the all tab>scroll to your application>tap 'clear data'>tap ok after message. Please let me know if that helps.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'm sure that was a good place to start, but I'm afraid I am still experiencing the issue.

Journeyman

Update: I wiped the partition cache and cleared the data from all apps loaded onto the phone- must have been some corrupted data somewhere. This seems to have done the trick.

Wizard

There is no such thing as IE on our phones. Its called Internet. You might be better to download Chrome or Firefox instead. The stock internet app is crap.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat