Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint going to acknowledge this problem with S2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is Sprint going to acknowledge this problem with S2

This is by far the worst problem I have had with Sprint.  The phone shuts off and on when it wants.  Comes back on with 0% battery.  The on/off button just stopped working for an hour.  It heats up, the battery is bloated.  All types of problems.  That isn't the worst part, Sprint won't even help out as if S2 owners have caused this problem themselves. I went to a corporate store, only to be told I have to pay deductible for another one or buy a new battery.  Only thing is if a new battery is bought, whats to keep from it happening again as I have seen in recent posts, if I pay for a refurbish, that wont help either cause it happened with the update.  This really makes me reconsider signing on for two years of this again.  I will have to weigh my options when this contract is up which is soon.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

Swollen/bloated battery is finally recognized and covered by Sprint as of today. They will swap it out/order a replacement regardless of in/out of warranty and with or without TEP.

Highlighted
Patron

I was just in the repair store two days ago and they told me to go buy a new battery. Also, do I really have to go back to the store to get a replacement battery? I'd rather just order one online somehow.

Highlighted
Wizard

KGMAFIA25,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing these phone issues. Please visit a Sprint repair center to have your phone serviced and ensure it is updated to Jelly Bean via Support - Sprint Cell Phones SPH-D710 | Samsung Cell Phones.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

tI thought about that, but from what I read, that update makes the phone even worst.  Bottom line is the ICS update messes up your battery causing all types of problems. Then Sprint wants the customer to foot the bill for the new battery only for it to do the same thing eventually.  I even wanted to go back to gingerbread but now they can't do that at the store and told me I should search online for it.  This whole experience is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Highlighted
Wizard

KGMAFIA25,

I understand your hesitance but you definitely want the Jelly Bean update. It provides many software fixes. The ICS update certainly did create some glitches with certain GS2s so you shouldn't be on that software version. If you are using the OEM battery and it is bloated you should not have to pay for the replacement.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been to the store and they informed me I have to buy a new one.  Its is OEM battery.  I dont know if I should trust the next update.

Highlighted
Wizard

KGMAFIA25,

Please provide the location of the store that you went to and I'll call them to find out if you can get the battery replaced at no cost.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is store 1126

231 Route 4 West

Paramus, NJ 07652

Phone: (201) 843-1636

Highlighted
Journeyman

I replied over a month ago with the store and have not gotten a response from you yet.  In the meantime I went out and got a battery on my own.  Way less then what Sprint wanted to charge.  It fixed the problem some what,but is still random restarts.  So I took it back to Sprint only to be told it was different problem.  I have an upgrade due in october. At this rate though Im not so sure I don't wanna go else where.  Sprint has offered no solution on this, even further when checking the upgrade prices.  Sprint offers new customers better pricing then existing loyal customers.  Why should I be loyal to company who is doing nothing to help me. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat