ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with messaging apps? (beejive/google talk/whatsapp)

Journeyman

Might be related to push and/or Sprints network but I've never had this issue on my previous phone with T mobile.

Basically the phone doesn't seem to notify me about new messages, is as if it doesn't receive them until the app opens:

Example:

I open whatsapp or beejive or another messaging app and as soon as I open it I will get a bunch of messages, the time stamps on them are in the past though so it seems it just never came through the app until I actually opened them.

Anyone else have this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Add gmail to that now... Seems like all push services.

Journeyman

Re: Issue with messaging apps? (beejive/google talk/whatsapp)

As a follow up:

I have noticed that the data doesn't come through the the 4g is idle.(Zzz)

I tested it with two applications:

Whatsapp, have a friend send me a message with 4g active, message came through. I had the same friend send me one with 4g in idle mode and the message does not come through at all, even if I browse the internet and make 4g idle again, the message will only come through after I open whatsapp again.

Beejive and eBuddy messanging apps: I opened my own account and tested from my PC with the same scenarios as before, I get the same results.

It seems my phone is losing a data connection all together when 4g goes into idle, now this can't be right can it?

Looks like the NS has the same issue:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/70874

This can't be right can it? I mean completely shut off my phones data connection when the 4g radio is sleeping? How does this make sense..

Anyone?

Journeyman

Re: Issue with messaging apps? (beejive/google talk/whatsapp)

No on else gets this?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat