cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Epic 4G Touch

Highlighted
Wizard

Issues with Epic 4G Touch

Based on your feedback, Sprint and Samsung are troubleshooting issues reported by the users.

Most of these issues are intermittent and are not experienced by all customers.  Workarounds are noted below where applicable.  

More information will be posted here as it becomes available.  We apologize for any inconvenience. If we find any more issues we will address them as well.

Radio loses signal - In some cases the device may lose signal and show a circle/slash indicating loss of coverage on the status bar.

Workaround: A full power cycle of the device will resolve the issue and allow the device to begin functioning normally.

Sprint and Samsung are troubleshooting this issue. This issue is not occurring on all devices. 

Weak reception/Goes into Roaming - This issue has been reported by some of our users in community. We are looking into it as well.

206 REPLIES 206
Highlighted
Wizard

RICKYBF,

I'm going to send you a private message to gather some more information on that. I could have sworn we had an active investigation or known issue posted about that on our internal system but I can't seem to find it any where now and I have seen other reports of that happening. I'm going to reach out to our device group regarding that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shane_M,

Can we work on reproducing my issue and sending to the correct team?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, I hope to hear some good news.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BOOM!!!

Blasted my phone back to EG30 with a little ODIN love and wouldn't you know it. Everything works fine again. Odd how an update gets pushed by my carrier, my Wifi stopped working, and all their tech support can say is "hardware issue" and "send in for service". What a joke. I've got your tech support right here...

Highlighted
Journeyman

How did you go back to EG30?? Ever since the recent OTA update, my wifi is broken. I can turn on wifi, and it will work for awhile, but if I put it down for a few minutes and come back, nothing requiring data will function. Can't open a web page, etc.. It will show the wifi icon saying it's connected, and I can even go into settings and it will say that I have an excellent signal, but won't actually function unless I turn wifi off, then back on. I can't keep wifi on because I will completely miss emails and so forth. Called Sprint and of course they had never heard of the issue, but reset my network connection or something....still doesn't work as it should. Before the update, everything worked perfectly! Never had an issue! Samsung / Sprint should provide a way to roll back the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK Sports fans,

I too have incoming calls that never ring the phone. Was Googlke chatting to my son online and he called. Phone sitting five inches away never rang. I just got a missed call notification a minute or so later. WiFI seems OK but then I don't use it all the time like some do.

Let's see if others can reproduce a "new" one I found today:

If I make or receieve a call and hit the SPEAKER PHONE icon, the phone goes to speaker just fine like it always did BUT before, if I allowed the screen to go dark, and then I needed to say, turn OFF speaker phone or turn on Bluetooth, or use the keypad then all I had to do was hit the volume button (either up or down) and the screen came to life and I could do whatever I needed.

NOW, after the update, if I allow the screen to go black, that is it. The screen is LOCKED in the dark/inop state. I cannot get the screen to light up no matter what I do. The VOL buttons work for the sound but do NOT light up the screeen any more.The POWER button will, of course, light up the screen but only because it just disconnected/hung up the call!!!!

SO do't expect to use the keypad to wade your way thru even Sprint's long menus anymore. if you allow the screen to go black you are finished. And I spend a LOT of time on hold and using voice prompt menus in my work. This is unacceptable!

EDIT>>> OK, I can get it to light up *IF* I turn OFF having the POWER button END CALLS. so it's not a total fail but before, the VOL button would light up the screen so I could have it both ways..

Also, often when I receive a call the screen lights up, not on the phone screen, but on the REPLY with TEXT menu open and the phone is locked. I can't swipe it down, I can't clear it with the back button.. again, the only button that works is the OFF one that cancels the incoming call! Never happened before the update.

Anyone else experienceing these two items???

HOW CAN I GO BACK TO THE OLD VERSION?

Doug

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any word if the fix for the GPS and other issues is in the work?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having an intermittent problem where the incoming calls go straight to voicemail without ringing on my phone.  I noticed the problem after the last OTA update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

me, too

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having all sorts of issues since the OTA update. Phone stops accepting calls/emails/texts and unless I power off or pull battery, 3g and/or 4g randomly stop working after a while, and all the other dumb things mentioned this OTA 'update' fixed.

Also havent seen this one mentioned (nor have I poured through every post), If I am viewing all the apps on the phone and then press the home button, it doesnt take me to my home screen, but the last of the 5 main screens I was on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My first Epic 4G Touch would not get satellite lock and if it did, it would not keep the lock more than a few seconds.  I took the phone to the Sprint store and they told me the phone was defective and that they would order me a new one.

I received the new phone yesterday, and it has even worse GPS performance than the first one.  The new one doesn't see any satellites, and therefore never gets a lock.

I called Sprint phone support, they never heard of any issues with GPS on this phone (bah).  A Sprint Tech on these forums also told me the same thing via Private Message, that Sprint can't duplicate any GPS issue in their test lab.

I will take the phone back to the Sprint store today and show them that GPS doesn't work.  I expect they will want to order a new phone.  If so, I will have it delivered to the store this time, instead of directly to my house.  So that I don't have to keep going back there to return defective phones. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my phone for 3 weeks.  It was charging and all of a sudden I noticed it was powering itself down.  I tried turning it back on and it doesn't turn on!  The only thing that happens is the blue LED light in the upper right hand corner turns on and stays on.  I have to take the battery out to turn the light off.  Are there any fixes to this?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat