cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Epic 4G Touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since most of the work arounds involve rooting the device (which all carriers look down apon) I highly doubt a Sprint rep is going to show you where to get the information you are asking for.  The simple fact is he is right there are software means to remove the camera click if it bugs you that much.  I would suggest that you visit xda and search the forums on the E4GT and you will find it in the dev section of that forum.  Like I said most of these solutions require you to root the device so you take your own risk in doing so and if you brick your device no one at XDA or anywhere else is at fault but yourself.

As for the policy who knows but my guess is this is a Samsung thing I'll have to ask my fiance if her Droid Charge has this feature in the morning if it does then who knows things do change though so if it is a "new" policy so be it the camera click is NOT that annoying.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Issues with Epic 4G Touch

mmark27_,

I don't know if we have it posted any where on the site, I couldn't find it but I could be overlooking it, I will check with one of our administrators to verify. Yes, you're right it has not been passed into a Law yet in the America, it's still a Bill last I checked.

As far as the applications on the market there's quite a few, I found Silent Camera, One Shot lite, and Mobile Hidden Camera just to name a few.

Highlighted
Wizard

Shane_M wrote:

As far as the applications on the market there's quite a few, I found Silent Camera, One Shot lite, and Mobile Hidden Camera just to name a few.

yeah, those apps s.uck.  oh well, I'll be rooting at some point after this LOS gets figured out.

Highlighted
Wizard

yeah, I did confirm with my sister that there is no option for silencing the camera on her new Sprint iphone.  Hey if apple's not doing it, no one should.  Am I right????? 

Hey, why did my posts get docked to 980?  I was over 1000?  Nice site.

Highlighted

The same thing happened to me several times.  I lost quite a few posts and when I asked about it I was told there was nothing they could do about .  It seems to happen when they update the site.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Are you certain that what you had seen before was posts, and not points? the only way the post count would reduce would be deleted posts, or posts that were posted after a backup, and before the site was restored from a backup (IE site went down, and had to be restored from last backup).

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted

You're right it was points.   Sorry about that, Rick

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Not at all, it honestly took me a while before I'd noticed that they were 2 different things.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Wizard

Well, under my name says "posts" with a number next to it. It'd be strange to mean points when it's labeled posts. I just eclipsed 1000,but have to try harder, I suppose. It's not like I'll get any benefit from helping others. Except yearly upgrades.... Oh wait.

Highlighted
Wizard

It happens occasionally, I've inquired about it with our web administrators and the only thing we could figure out is your older post past a certain date are archived and they're removed from your post count. It happens to everyone.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

what exactly is the point of them aside from showing how many times you have posted?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Nothing that I know of. I originally inquired about it because someone else brought it to my attention and after watching it I confirmed it does happen.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat