cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD screen broken under a year, still under warranty?

Highlighted
Journeyman

LCD screen broken under a year, still under warranty?

Hi all,

I got my Epic 4G Touch in December 2011, and today I turned it on and the LCD screen is broken....

Out of no where too, and I'm really upset. I can't use my phone that is my baby!!!

Will sprint/samsung cover the costs of repair? Since I have had it for less than a year, is it under a manufacturer warranty?

Please help me!!

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: LCD screen broken under a year, still under warranty?

Hello and welcome to the Sprint Communities.  Sorry to hear about your phone, I know that must be frustrating.  I can tell you that if the screen is "cracked," it's considered damage and not covered under a manufacturer's warranty.  If you have Total Equipment Protection, you can file a claim with Asurion for a replacement device for only $100 to cover cracked screens.  If by broken you mean not cracked and simply not turning on, then yes, your manufacturer's warranty will cover this type of mechanical failure.  If you do not have TEP and the screen is indeed cracked, then your options are more limited.  I've heard of 3rd party online sites that offer "cellular screen repair" but are not offered by Sprint. 

Hope this helps,

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Journeyman

The outside screen is not broken, it's the actual LCD. The lights are flickering, only going into a black screen, etc

Master

Ok.  If the outside glass is not cracked, then it maybe considered mechanical failure.  To be sure, you can still take your phone to your nearest Sprint Service & Repair Center.  There may also be a maximum fee of $35 to repair or replace your phone but it's best to let our in-store technicians perform a hands-on evaluation.  What's your zip code and I can point you to the best location. 

Tom Deaver

Journeyman

I know where my nearest Repair Center is, just prior to this incident my phone was resetting and the battery was always dying extremely fast. Did a hard reset and replaced the battery and it's been fine for about a month. Then this happens. Ugh, can't get a break. But anyways, yes I know where it is. But thank you for your assistance Is it normal for the LCD to just mechanically fail like this?

Master

Normal? No.  Does it happen?  Yes.  Unfortunately, everything mechanical breaks eventually.  I'm glad you know where your nearest S&R is, although I will recommend our Corporate Sprint Service & Repair Centers for the best assistance.  If you're not sure, click the "Find a Store" link at the top of our site and search by zip code.  Our Sprint owned locations will be labelled "Sprint Store" only.  Also make sure "Repair" is listed as a service to avoid going to a sales only store. 

Good luck and thanks for participating in the Sprint Communities,

Tom Deaver

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat