cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launcher problem

Journeyman

Launcher problem

I am trying to use the basic launcher (not touchwhiz)

I clear the default from touchwhiz and select launcher and it says that sprint is setting the connection and then it closes after a minute and makes touchwhiz the default again

So pretty much its stuck on touchwhiz

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Launcher problem

Blakehw1, Have you tried to uninstall the touchwiz launcher?

Journeyman

How do I do that?

Went to manage applications and it doesn't let me uninstall just force close it which didn't really help my problem

Since it was downloaded off the market you will have to go back to the market and press the menu key my apps and uninstall the touchwiz.

Journeyman

It wasn't downloaded off of the market this launcher is the one that samsung put into the phone

I wanted to use the basic launcher instead of touchwhiz

Master

TouchWiz is built in by Samsung and is the default launcher on the Epic Touch.

I don't have any issues clearing the defaults from TwLauncher and using the regular Android Launcher on my Epic Touch.

The regular Android Launcher is used by all of the Sprint ID packs. Since it isn't working for you, I would suggest trying to set one of the Sprint ID packs up and see if it loads up correctly.

If that doesn't work either I would try clearing the data from the Launcher app in Settings > Manage Applications > All and then trying again.

If that doesn't help either then there likely is a corrupted file and the device may need to be reset back to factory defaults to clear out the bad information in Settings> Privacy.

I apologize the Epic Touch I was looking at did not have touchwiz launcher in the manage applications screen and when I search the market I locate the Go launcher Touchwiz application

Master

TouchWiz is listed as TWLauncher in the application menu.

blakehw1, I am looking into the issue for you. I have a test epic touch and I force stopped the twlauncher and after pressing the home screen was able to switch the launcher but I didnt notice a difference. Then when I went back to the launcher the twlauncher was the default though I switched it to the launcher and selected default.

Blakehw1, I have performed all the troubleshooting steps including resetting device through privacy and through ##786# and twlauncher is still the default. I have search the internet for this same issue and have found very little that will help resolve it. I am still looking into this issue for you and will reply again once I have some more info.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you are trying to go to the "Stock" Android launcher and not use the TouchWiz launcher use the Sprint ID app that's on the phone.  You can tell it that you want a new profile (iirc) and it should change to the Stock (Launcher2.apk) that's still in the TouchWiz files.  I've used Sprint ID and had it pretty much remove touchWiz as the default launcher before without issues.  If that does not work you could try to use a different Launcher from the Google Play Store.  There are a lot of different launchers there is ADW,ADW EX, Launcher Pro, Apex Launcher(ICS only), Nova Launcher (ICS only) There is also Phoenix Launcher (if I remember the name correctly) that is for Gingerbread Android systems that gives you the look and feel of a Android 4.0 system. 

TouchWiz even if you clear the default will still always be the default launcher the only 2 ways I've seen to get around that is Sprint ID which can change it for you and by installing a 3rd party launcher which you can set as the default and TouchWiz will be in the background not being used anymore.

Journeyman

ADW and Go launcher probably being your best choices for features and stability.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat