cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Wizard

It is not a arwa thing.Your area code makes no difference.I can tell you it is the phone not the area.Other phones work etc.Posting zips etc does nothing.Calling sprint anc telling them you are not happy does help.The more who call in the faster tey understand it is a problem on there end.

Journeyman

I also called in.

Journeyman

Okay, so I called Sprint to complain about the LOS.  The tech I talked to looked it up and said that they are aware of the issues and are waiting on Samsung to respond.  I asked if he knew when to expect a update and he said probably some time next month.  I asked him if there was anything he could for me since I was missing texts and not getting my calls and what not.  He responded by giving me a $50 credit.

If they don't have this fixed by the end of my 14 days, I will be returning the phone and holding off til the Iphone news comes out next week.

Journeyman

OK, just spoke with Sprint customer support rep and was told there was no known issue with this device regarding the loss of signal. I was advised to return my device as remain in the 14 day window and to select another device type. When I asked about the $50 credit I was denied. The rep indicated that everything on this blog site was speculation from disgruntled users and not to be taken seriously. At this point I am very frustrated with this process and really don't know what to do. I really like this device other than the signal issue and am willing to wait for a fix but don't want to be stuck with this device for two years if there is not going to be a fix.

Frustrated and confused!!

Journeyman

I currently have a Samsung Moment (THE BIGGEST POS THAT SAMSUNG EVER MADE) that I am eligible to upgrade next month. I was looking to get the E4GT, but it looks like another crappy product from Samsung. It seems that all Samsung phones have an issue with LOS. See Samsung Moment Forum if you don't believe me. Well, here is hoping the iPhone comes to Sprint.

BTW if you are holding out hope for Samsung to send a fix, all you will find is fingerpointing from Samsung saying that it's Sprints responsibility and they in turn will point the finger back to Samsung and round and round until you are stuck with a crappy product that no one wants to take responsibility for. Trust me and all the other Moment owners who went through this for the last 2 years!

Journeyman

Re: Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Wait, so there's a Sprint rep here and one that another user on this thread has spoken to, who claim that they are well aware of the issue and are working on fixing it. And there's another who claims that there is no known issue, implying that all the people here who have the exact same problem must be conspiring to make Sprint look bad. Somebody here is not being truthful, and this really doesn't bode well for getting a fix.

Wizard

JohnnyHalo,

I'm sorry you were given misinformation. The loss of signal issue is an official known issue, Sprint and Samsung are aware of this issue and it will be addressed in a maintenance release. This information is posted on our known issues board and should be accessible by any care or technical support representative you speak with.

Shane_M - thanks for this info. Is there any way that a Sprint Tech can post the known issues in this forum? I know this has been done for other devices. Maybe people would stop complaining that it is not a "known" issue. Although probably not - anyway, I think it would be good info.

Journeyman

@Shane_M - do I read this right that you have a fix and it will be rolled into the MR, or that you know of it and will roll it into the MR?

If the fix is already identified can't that be rolled out now? I understand wanting to rollout a number of fixes together - but when this affects someone's ability to use the device as a phone, I would think that would take precedent.

However, if it's known but a fix not found yet that's another thing.

Thanks for keepnig us informed.

Highlighted
Wizard

mrcminnesota,

Good idea, I'll forward your request to one of our admins to see if we can get something officially posted.

JerDog1976,

The issue should be addressed in the next maintenance release. Any maintenance release still has to be tested thoroughly to ensure there is nothing else that may be impacted before it's rolled out; so even if there was only one thing that it is correcting it still has to go through testing.

Shane>M - thanks for the quick response. It is appreciated.

Journeyman

@Shane_M - I understand that. The obvious question is in regards to that testing process since it would seem this should have been caught before launch as a radio is pretty integral to a phone operating - especially when Samsung's CDMA phones have a history of signal/radio issues. Too many issues that really should have been found by that testing process occur on every production device which really should point to a bigger issue.

I appreciate your updates. I am modifying my original post to link to your note above about this being a known issue.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat