cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Journeyman

And pete Sprints knows there is a issue they have made it a known issue which means it is very widespread and since they know it is a known issue and still sell the phone it is fraud.They de fraud each person when they sell it now since they claim they know it has a issue but they still sell it as a new working phone.,

Journeyman

Technically it's not Fraud as you say because the person commiting to the phone and 2 year contract has the right to return it within 14 days. I choose to keep mine because I know there is a fix in the works and I trust that in time the problem will be resolved. Neither Samsung or Sprint are gonna let us down. Try and be patient with both of them.

Journeyman

Fraud, thats retarded. Watch (Inside Job) with Matt Damon and get a better understanding of corporate America and greed we are the pawns. Your best bet if you have the E4GT right now ..sell it on Ebay get $410.00 for it and get a (like new) Motorola Photon that has the best radio reception on the Sprint network and move on.

Highlighted
Wizard

DKPALADIN2,

Unfortunately I don't have any estimate I can share at this time, as with most software related updates a lot could happen between now and when the testing is expected to be finished. I'm sorry, I know this issue is very inconvenient and I will continue to monitor the updates and pass along any information I can.

Journeyman

Thank you Shane. I know it will get resolved sooner or later.

Journeyman

it is what it is...lots of phone have issues when they first get released and need updates to fix them.  This isn't the first phone that its happened to and it won't be the last!  Look at the battery issues on the iPhone 4S as an example.  Although I bet Apple fixes that before we get our fix...but thats on Samsung!

Journeyman

Bpoli,

I disagree.  You're right that many (not all) phones have issues.  I have had some of those phones.  But the "issues" were always ancillary - not getting 4G or 3G consistently, losing bluetooth connections, innaccurate (or non-working) GPS.  But, this phone has issues with the core functionality of a phone - getting and receiving calls.  This tops all the issues I have ever had with a phone.

Pete

Journeyman

would you rather have to re-boot your phone once or twice a day (and this phone re-boots in about 20 seconds) or would you rather have to be attached to a charger all day because your battery drains faster than I can drain my bladder?  Don't get me wrong...it irritates the sh!t out of me too.  However its still the best phone I've ever used and its better than the new iPhone.  BTW there is a developer that created a way for your phone to check for signal and re-boot if necessary to avoid you from walking around with a phone in your pocket that lost signal.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/8518-modvipermod-los-checker-v21-better-than-ever-updated-11511/

If its bothering everyone that much you may want to look into this.

Journeyman

Re: Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

testing? if they tested they wouldn't sell me a phone that didn't work.  I've resorted back to my EVO with a screen that is spiderwebbed just to have something that works.  CR offered a small credit (15% of my bill for 75% of my time dealing with the issue on a monthly basis, 25% was back to my old phone) and sent me on another chase (which is time and money) to return the phone, which there is no gurantee that they will take it.  I use this for business and have dropped a conservative 90% of my calls.  I've had this phone for 4 weeks, so I've given enough time.  I'm one wrong answer at the sprint store from taking my business elsewhere's.  I've converted people to sprint before and lord knows I will be able to take them away in time once I tell them how awesome verizon is and how many issues I've had with sprint versus up to this point telling them service and customer service with sprint has been great.  Sprint will never know the economical impact of me leaving but it will be bigger than just my bill.

Journeyman

Bpoli,

All we need to do is root our phones and have Sprint blame all the problems on that!  Besides, if they end up recalling the phones, I would not want to have done anything to technically void the warranty.

Pete    

Journeyman

coorslt00, I think you have a different issue.  If you are dropping calls that is something totally different than the LOS problem that occurs when your phone goes into "hibernation" and the radio turns off.  It won't happen if you are using the phone because your phone will not hibernate unless it is not in use. 

Journeyman

Pete there is always a way to go back to complete "stock" if that is all you are worried about.  They even figured out a way to get rid of the little yellow triangle that alerts someone to the fact that you altered the phone.  Samsung released the stock image so is a simple thing to go back to it.  I am not suggesting everyone do this but if you are tech savvy enough you could try it.  As far as LOS goes I was getting it once a day it seemed for about 2 weeks, then one day last week I got it twice.  Haven't had an issue since then...come to think of it I haven't had an issue since I followed the directions on Rootzwiki to get rid of that yellow triangle after rooting my phone...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat