cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Journeyman

Re: Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

I finally got Asurion to replace this 1st replacement.  Like I had said before, my original Epic 4g was awesome.  I had the best service in areas where most even other sprint users couldnt get signals.  The gps glitched from time to time, "look for clear sky", um, I'm in the middle of the field sort of thing LOL.  Otherwise, the 1st Epic 4g(original), was wonderful, battery life out lived everyone elses smartphones.  I could chuckle and say "I've been using the gps, and surfing the web, and I have only used 1/4 of the battery and it's been off the charger since 8am." This was said at 4pm.  I was quite happy with it.  Accidents do ocurr.  Dang it! 

The second phone(1st replacement) never stayed in roaming, usually just no signal.  I got so many run arounds, that I became quite irate.  With good reason.  Wednesday, of last week was when I requested a new phone. The phone broke on Tuesday. I was hoping it could be repaired, but experience has told me they never can repair anything other than a missing key LOL.  Even that is pushing it.  So I requested the replacement.  #2, has had the worst battery life, cant even last 2 hours without dying, never finds a signal, and yet miraculously worked in the store, not full signal mind you, but 3g.  Oh I forgot to mention.  whilst in roam, for the split second that it did actually find roaming, the 4g would be activated? 

I'm glad that Asurion is sending #3.  Let's just pray that it doesnt have the same issues.  I'd like to have my service back.  Sprint did give me $10, however based on $4.90/day based on 30 day at $147 total bill, I figure they owe me another 18 bucks by wednesday.  That is only fair.

Oh and last night the phone was in stock, but I just checked my claim and they now don't have it. They were even wanting me to upgrade to the Nexus S, I of course, just want my phone that worked!  Arggghhh....

I do hope that more people get an epic 4g like my #1 was.  I'm afraid of the incoming phone now :*(.

Journeyman

I'm have 3g issues as well.
Mainly around where I work but at home as well.
I work in Scottsdale AZ, around the 101 and Scottsdale (about a mile North).
Hope this is fixed A.S.A.P. I'm bummed we don't have 4g as it is!

Journeyman

Data continues spotty even with wifi on occasional roaming notice for data even though all my other things are connected and working fine on my wireless network.  One strange thing when I test data speed with Speedtest.net it shows most of the time the hosting server being in Tijuana, Mexico even though I am over hundred miles away.  Why is not local connection not hosting?  Seems strange to me.  I emailed Sprint Support to see if they can shed some light on this.  I think this phone needs to be wiped and have completely new software installed.

Doc 

Journeyman

Just begrudgingly returned my Epic 4g Touch..... The rep was very understanding, and very apologetic. I will re-purchase the phone when they get this worked out.

Journeyman

Seems to be happening more frequently on my phone.

Journeyman

Been having Loss of Service 3-5 times a day since I bought the phone on Friday   I really like the phone and don't mind giving them a chance to fix it, but am worried about the new 14 day window for returns.  Will it get extended for an issue like this?

Journeyman

aye carumba.

I was so happy that I had no issues, until this morning that is... Just got the roaming indicator and LOS this morning.  LOS all the way to work. Rebooted, helped for a bit, then no signal. I thought I would try systems updates etc. Then I found the 4 update tabs for Android Profile, PRL and Firmware, and when I did the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) and it said, it was updated, I rebooted again, and it's been fine since.  So I don't know if the PRL update helped, or if there was actually a tower that was bouncing, and maybe now it's back up.. Also, I noted that last night, I could still connect to my WPA wifi upstairs on B/G but it could not find internet access, but if I went downstairs to the N router, no issues..  Strange.  All the laptops connect to both and work fine, but the phone can only get internet with the N router.  Hmmm

Ideas?

Journeyman

I really do not think the PRL update really does anything when it says updated.  If you look at the PRL number it never changes even though says updated even if you do this ten times/day.  The phone definitely has wifi issues-I can be one foot from router and not max signal.  Also shows connected to network but shows contantly scanning like it is looking for network to connect to.  Hope Samsung gets this resolved......

Doc

Journeyman

I figured that was too good to be true... 

Wizard

yes, I am starting to have this more frequently as well.  Samsung and Sprint are working towards a fix, but man oh man, what if you had a really important phone call you were waiting for and BAM no service at all, reboot and miss it???  Isn't that why we all have these devices?!  Sprint should be issuing automatic credits to people's accounts for this, they shouldn't even have to call in.

Journeyman

Well, you can add me to the list. I bought the phone on Saturday and withing 3 hours, experienced the loss of service. I have been having loss of service 3-5 times a day since then. I will be returning the phone and canceling my 5 line contract if Sprint doesn't come up with a fix in my 14 day window. To top it off, I did an online chat and then spoke to an Account Serivces/Retentions Rep. and both denied or were unaware of any issues with the Epic Touch. They both said the phone needed to be replaced and that it was not a software issue.

Journeyman

Add me to the list. loss of service one to three times a day.  Ugh, cuz I otherwise really love this phone!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat