Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pete_in_NYC wrote:

Actually, I was teasing him about his chosen username. 

Probably, the apostrophe would not have been permitted anyway - but he still misspelled "you're."

Pete

Dude you're such a noob...   My username rocks and special characters, like the apostophe, obviously weren't allowed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

YourKiddingRight1,

Your name does rock, but too bad you misspelled it.  YoureKiddingRight1 would have been more correct (without the apostrophe).

Pete

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Thanks I did that and tested it, It says download speed 20777kbps and upload speed 15382kbps with ping 20ms. Does this sound good or bad? Sry for being stupid about this but im 56 and still learning lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So how do we get our "MSL password"?

Highlighted
Wizard

Those are outstanding speeds.  I never get anywhere near that performance.   Are you sure you're not connected via wifi?

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

Best I EVER get is 3.0 down and 1.5 up and I'm in New York City.

Pete

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Loss of Signal on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jhs_tucson wrote:

So how do we get our "MSL password"?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch/121885-how-increase-sprint-epic-4g...

The first part of that guide show you how to get the MSL

Highlighted
Journeyman

Download connect bot

click the ssh dropdown and pick local, put a nickname

type getprop ril.MSL

the readout is your msl, comes in handy for when you're doing late night dev and can't get ahold of sprint, or just don't feel like lying lol.

credit goes to jlear3   on xda devs

Highlighted
Wizard

Looking at the items we can change with this info do we believe changing these parameters will help with any of the issues being discussed here?

Cheers,

Highlighted
Wizard

Panzer06,

Not to my knowledge that I have seen, because XDA developers would have came up with it by now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oops your right. I just tested it again w/o wifi and it was 2471 download, 602 upload and 159 ping.  So that's still not bad tho.... right?

Highlighted
Wizard

Those are respectable numbers and more than sufficient for most mobile data needs.  I'm lucky to get 400K down and 115K up on 3G.

Cheers,

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat