cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSING OTA Update to Ice Cream Sandwhich

Journeyman

MISSING OTA Update to Ice Cream Sandwhich

I'm (still) waiting for the OTA download prompt to install Android 4.0 on my Epic Touch (currently Gingerbread 2.3.6)  The phone is stock from Sprint with no modifications or rooting done to it.  I periodically hit the UPDATE FIRMWARE button but am alerted that there is no firmware update available.  I read the update was supposed to be completed by the 21st of July.  Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you!

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: MISSING OTA Update to Ice Cream Sandwhich

If update is available you'll get a notification in the status bar. No need to manually check it. It is said that Sprint had stopped the OTA update due to issues people are having. You can still do the manual update and it's the EXACT same update file. I'm having zero issues with the ICS update and my battery life is amazing.

Journeyman

Re: MISSING OTA Update to Ice Cream Sandwhich

Thank you for the response.  I did not know the OTA update was pulled - things make sense now. 

I actually have 2 Epic Touch phones (one used by me and the other by a family member).  I did the manual update on the phone I use (hacker at heart) - and like you, have experienced no problems overall that makes me regret upgrading to ICS.

The only issue I have is with GO LAUNCHER EX.  When I restart the phone, the icons on the dock bar reset to default and I have to redo the dock icons as I want them to be.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat