cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major issues with my Epic Touch :(

Highlighted
Journeyman

Major issues with my Epic Touch :(

I had an Epic Touch before then I traded for an iPhone 4s cuz I just wanted to get a feel for all the hype surrounding it...I hated it!  So I traded again and got an Epic Touch back.  I was a happy camper for about the first hour.  My data shuts off by itself, when everyone else has full bars I am lucky to have 1 or 2, my screen freezes and randomly turns off and on.  I've done a factory reset, updated everything that could be updated and my phone still sucks!  I've called and talked to Tech Support and I've talked to various representatives online and they told me to take it to a Sprint store.  I havne't gotten that far because they said I would have to get a replacement (and pay a deductible!!) even though my phone is still under a Samsung warranty!  I'm about fed up with Sprint and their issues I have been having lately.  My contract is up in July and I'm highly considering switching to a different carrier.  Can someone please help me with my phone?!?!

7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: Major issues with my Epic Touch :(

just take it into the repair store and have them look at it. once they figure out what is going on you can decide from there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

It sounds like the data provisioning did not complete when you switched back to the Touch. There is a data restore process or a hard reset to deal with this issue. Go to a store or call in to have someone check and troubleshoot.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Do you know if there are tower issues around 46767?  That would explain my network issues, but I can't find anything about that anywhere.  And I will take my phone into a Sprint store tomorrow and see what they say about it.

Journeyman

Everone that I know with this phone has reception issues, just as I did. For me, it was not the network, but the phone. I would switch away from Samsung and go with a different unit. I have had good luck with Motorola on the Sprint network. I dumped my Epic 4G Touch for a Motorola Photon 4G, and am thrilled at the performance so far. I didn't realize how much I hated the phone until I experienced the joy of it's departure from this world.

jaleesa.gordon wrote:

I had an Epic Touch before then I traded for an iPhone 4s cuz I just wanted to get a feel for all the hype surrounding it...I hated it!  So I traded again and got an Epic Touch back.  I was a happy camper for about the first hour.  My data shuts off by itself, when everyone else has full bars I am lucky to have 1 or 2, my screen freezes and randomly turns off and on.  I've done a factory reset, updated everything that could be updated and my phone still sucks!  I've called and talked to Tech Support and I've talked to various representatives online and they told me to take it to a Sprint store.  I havne't gotten that far because they said I would have to get a replacement (and pay a deductible!!) even though my phone is still under a Samsung warranty!  I'm about fed up with Sprint and their issues I have been having lately.  My contract is up in July and I'm highly considering switching to a different carrier.  Can someone please help me with my phone?!?!

As far as having less bars that doesn't necessarily mean that you have less signal strength.  I have an EVO 3d and when there side by side the EVO will have more bars but they both lose the signal in bad area's at the same rate.  I checked this many times because I thought I had a faulty phone.  The Epic touch seems to be very efficient with power consumption which makes wonder if that might have an affect on how the signal strength is evaluated by either the bar graph or programs like "network signal info".

Journeyman

How old is your Epic? If it is still under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty (or if you have TEP), then you shouldn't have to pay a deductible if there is something wrong with the phone itself (hardware/software). Last month, my Epic 4G Touch would not turn back on. Once the screen timed out, it would not want to turn back on. I would have to pull the battery to get it to reboot and back to normal. I took it into the Sprint repair store and they determined there was something defective with it and they ended up replacing the unit with another one (granted, the phone is several months old so I was sent a refurbished unit that looked like brand new). I didn't have to pay nothing at all since it was covered under the manufacturer's warranty and it was defective. So far, my phone is working excellent. Sure, it is not perfect and has its flaws (just like every other smartphone I have owned that had its flaws also) but I have been pretty satisfied with it. As far as signal issues, I live in the Houston/Metro area and majority of times experience none at all (with the exception of some distortion sounds at random times). To be honest, the only way someone can help you with your phone is if you take it into a Sprint store and let them test it out and evaluate what could be the problem. To me, it sounds like you may have some sort of software defect that may be causing you those issues. Yes, it is inconvenient when your phone is not functioning like it should be and giving you headaches (because I have been in that boat when I had problems with my former phone, the HTC EVO 4G in the past before upgrading to my Epic 4G Touch) but I have had pretty good luck with the Sprint repair stores in getting what I need with my phone malfunctions. One thing I have learned (and from observing other people with problems and the way they act in the stores) is that if you are patient, courteous, and calm, most likely you will be taken care of with the same respect in the store. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get your situation resolved with your phone.

Journeyman

Thank you everyone!  I called Sprint and they redid my data/networking and finally (after about a week of talking to Sprint and going into the repair center) they told me they were having messaging and networking outages in my zipcode.  They fixed their issue and now my phone works perfectly!  Now if only they would've told me about all the issues in my area it would have saved me a lot of trouble lol.  It was weird when I went to the Sprint store (in a totally different location) my phone worked perfectly and they said there was nothing wrong with it.  It was the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered!  But I am glad it is fixe, thanks again everyone!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat