cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging not downloading photos

Highlighted
Journeyman

Messaging not downloading photos

It takes days sometimes for photos to be downloaded by Messaging. 3G works fine... I can download and update apps... run Apps that require data to be downloaded.

I've checked to make sure that data sync is on. I've also stopped my battery saving app.

Could this possibly be a problem with my Airave???

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Does it work all right when you are not in Airave coverage?  Have you done any steps to fix it yourself such as remove and reinsert your battery?  You can also clear data on the messaging application if you go to home/menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all/messaging/clear data - It may clear your past text history though so only do that if you are sure. If it still doesn't work after that, you can try factory resetting the phone as a last resort by going to home/menu/settings/privacy/factory data reset -

-John

Highlighted
Journeyman

Found a workaround. If I go into Messaging/Settings and turn OFF Auto Retrieve ---- then when a message appears with a photo I can click on download and get the photo right away.

I'll settle for this solution.

Thanks for your advice --- I learned some things from it.

Highlighted
Master

I am sorry you have to do this but it might be the only way to get the pictures without resetting your whole phone.

-John

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat