cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Epic 4g touch will not hold a charge - one minute it charges the next not. Anyone else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Epic 4g touch will not hold a charge - one minute it charges the next not. Anyone else?

LAst week I had my phone plugged in to charge.  It started making that 'sound' it makes when you plug in the charger cord.  It kept making that sound over and over, would stop then do it again.  Finally I received a notice about high voltage.  AFter that, I have been having issues with my phone.  I went and purchased a new battery thinking that my battery was dead or had gotten fried.  AFter I put in the new battery, I still have the same issues.  My phone will charge sometimes but if it does V E R Y slowly.  It was at 21% and plugged in continiously; four hours later it was only up to 52%.  I unplugged it and ten minutes later it was down to 15%. I plugged it back in and several hours later, to my surprise, the phone said fully charged.  I unplugged the charger and replugged immediately and the charge went from the 100% it said to 44%.  I went to my local sprint store twice this week and first they did a system reset (what a pain) and then they retested and are going to give me a refurb phone - on my expense.  On top of all this, they can't get me the refurb until Tuesday, so I have a pretty much useless phone for four days while I wait for one to come in.  Also, the clerk at the store says that this phone is on back order at the offices so I'm thinking that many people are having problems with the phone and the company is having trouble keeping the refurbs in stock.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

YES!!  Same problem here, except as of last night, it will not charge AT ALL from a wall based charger.  It shows it's charging, but it's not.  However, mine IS charging when connected to my car charger or if I connect it to my laptop with a USB cord.  SO FRUSTRATING!!!  Trying to find answers but can't seem to find anything.  REALLY not wanting to have to switch my phone out... don't want to lose some texts I have and whatnot.  If anyone has any input on this, please help!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat