cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Epic Touch won't turn on after an unexpected reboot

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Epic Touch won't turn on after an unexpected reboot

I was listening to MP3s on my phone earlier today thru the truck's radio while running errands.  Out of the blue the phone rebooted, which it has never done before.  I saw a notification mentioning the SD card but didn't catch all of it.   I was at my destination so  I just put the phone in my pursue.   On the way home, I found out that I can't turn the phone on at all now.   Ugh.....    I have removed the battery a few times and the SD card and tried to turn it on.  I see the blue light on the top right indicating the battery is in but it will not come on.    I've had this phone since June 2012 and I do have the TEP, thank goodness but I would really like to get it to come back on.    Would a corrupt SD card keep it from even trying to boot up?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: My Epic Touch won't turn on after an expected reboot

Have you tried charging it for a bit? When my phone battery is completely depleted, it won't turn on at all unless it has some charge, even if it's plugged in. It will do exactly like you are saying your phone does: blue light turns on, but then nothing happens. I don't know why this happens, but sometimes it will just turn off and go from 40% battery to 2% for no reason. Try charging it for a bit, that might work.

Journeyman

Re: My Epic Touch won't turn on after an expected reboot

Actually the battery is fully charged.   It was charging in the truck when it rebooted.   At home I have it in a charging dock. Still won't turn on.   I have an appointment setup for today.  

Journeyman

Re: My Epic Touch won't turn on after an unexpected reboot

My epic w/ keyboard worked perfectly for 1 year. Then started rebooting unexpectedly at least 1 time a day - even when fully charged. Eventually failed to restart & did not recognize that cable was plugged in for charging either. Swapped batteries & still nothing. Research on web indicated following possibilities: power connection, on/off button, battery. Sent in for repairs & worked fine for awhile. Now running through same old... Reboot w/out warning. Lockup such that I need to remove battery to reset. On/off button does not respond.

Have new app that monitors battery, level & temp. I am now finding proof that phone will overheat (charging or not) & believe that that is causing the reboot.

When phone/battery is overheating, I can turn off, swap battery, wait a bit to turn on & overheat message still showing. Not until the phone reboots by itself does the temp start to return to normal.

Get phone serviced, but make sure they check the power switch, the charging port & for overheating. Hate it, but I need to send my phone back in again. Only a few more months before I qualify for upgrade.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat