cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ICS-updated phone is now working perfectly. Details inside.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My ICS-updated phone is now working perfectly. Details inside.

Ok so this android guy have been spinning for a while, how long does it take to Wipe cache partition. and i dont have that much apps and stuff.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After the initial chaos and contacting Sprint a few times, most of the issues have gone. But there is still one remaining, which is annoying, is the bluetooth connection of my car only connects to the media (play songs) automatically, but for the phone connection (for calls) I have to go to the bluetooth setting on the phone each time to get it connected.  Any idea how to fix this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you have to be thankful that you can connect at all. My phone says that I'm paired with my wife's car even if the car is 20 miles away. It won't let me pair with my car and keeps telling my I have the incorrect pin. That's why I went back to GB. Try leaving your phone off your charger for a night and see how ICS drains the battery - that's fun.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks careoshi this is one of the few "fixes" I have seen that helped me. My phone is almost a year old and the GPS porblem wasn't helped until there was an upgrade.

I got ICS yesterday and my battery drained almost completely in about 3 hours. Late in the day I tried the partition wipe and so far my battery life is much better.

I still have occasional "stickiness" when scrolling and often I am asked to choose a keyboard when already using Skype and I couldn't get rid of a voicemail notification popping up until I shut the phone down. Other than that haven't had too many problems. Some people are freaking out on other threads but they received thier updates back in July, I am happy for late "gifts".

Thaks again for a concise fix. But your instructions need some more specifics: to select wipe cache partition (which is really small font) use the volume buttons and then I think you have to hit the power button as "enter" to activate it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, i just performed this cache clear on my phone and i'm hoping for the best. My phone was on the charger all night and i woke up to a battery at 65%. As I type this, my phone is on the charger and i swear nothing is happening. I pray that this works.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OMG!!! it worked!!!

I did the cache wipe yesterday while i was at work and then put my phone on the charger. It actually started charging!!!! I put my phone on the charger at night while i sleep and i actually woke up with a full battery! The ONLY issue i had was that my phone died last night and even though i plugged it in, i wasn't able to actually use it until it got a little bit of charge on it. Still, no big deal.

THANK YOU!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

You guys seem to have resolved all the issues. Mine still linger ... When it was gingerbread, my Samsung worked flawlessly. But now my bluetooth has a "temper". It connects, but then disconnects on its own. Or sometimes it connects, but only connects to play music and not phone call unless I manually go into "Settings" and enable it. Help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

You: I know there have been tons of complaints about the Ice Cream sandwich update. I used to LOVE my Epic phone and now I FREAKING HATE it since the Sprint ICE Cream Sandwich update (or should I say Ice CRAP Sandwich). Nothing works anymore including:
- horrible cell connectivity - constantly roaming or dropped calls (even within a block of Sprint headquarters!)
- slow Internet connectivity or won't connect at all
- Blue Tooth doesn't recognize my car blue tooth anymore
- Speech to text is horrible and no longer recognizes contacts or types anything correctly when it converts it from speech. In Gingerbread it worked great
-contacts are messed up as are pictures
- No longer have favorites in contacts
- have to click on multiple things to work when before it was one click
- overall slowness
And many other issues.
Give us back Gringerbread or replace our phones to Epic III - this is totally unacceptable!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ran the cache wipe - took about two seconds and said completed.  Phone did not reboot so I selected the reboot option on the safe mode menu.  Currently plugged into charger and I'm still watching the battery drain.  This is how bad the drain is currently - it loses charge even when plugged in.  I'm at 7% and now my phone says "Finalizing Android Update" with a busy symbol.  Huh?  Best of all, I live nowhere near a Sprint store so I don't even have a semblance of service nearby.  This is my only phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat