cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone does not know what time zone it in since Saturday update

Journeyman

My phone does not know what time zone it in since Saturday update

After the update my phone does not know what time zone is in anymore.  Have to manually set it and some times it goes back to Eastern time when it should be Central.  Talk to samsung they say maybe a complete reboot might fix the problem and I will loose everything.  Not the answer I want.  is there away to remove the update?  ANyone else having this issue?

8 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: My phone does not know what time zone it in since Saturday update

We have been getting some reports of this happening, usually involving customers that are using an Airave signal booster.  Are you by chance using one of these?

Thanks,

*David C

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have never heard of Airave signal booster.  Since this is happening to me at my house and we have not done anything new here I would say no.

Wizard

OK, thank you.  In that case, would you mind sending me a private message with your Sprint phone number, make and model and your location so I can get your information sent to a group that is investigating this issue?

Thank you

Journeyman

Same thing is happening to me.  I am in Chicago (central time zone) and "Use network provided time zone" is checked, and it is putting me in the Eastern time zone, so my clock is an hour ahead of where it should be.  Device is Samsung Epic 4G Touch.

Journeyman

I am also having the same issue. I live in Chicago and Sunday morning the time was correct but by the afternoon the time jumped ahead an hour and in looking showed Eastern Time Zone. I unchecked "Automatic Time Zone" and changed it back to Central. It will hold for a few hours but keeps reverting back to Eastern. sappage81 did you get your issue resolved?

Wizard

Hello All,

If you are experiencing issues with the time changing on your phone please first verify your settings are correct - If you need more information on how to do this either send me a private message or check the user guide for your device. Otherwise, please send us an email...

Send your device make and model (i.e. Motorola Photon Q) and you location (City and State - or a ZIP code) to sprintcares@sprint.com and put "Time Change Problem Report" in the subject line.

Thank you!

*Chris

Journeyman

Keast, I unchecked "automatic date and time" and unchecked "automatic time zone" and set the things myself and it has been fine for over a day.  Not the right solution, but I can't have my time changing back and forth sporadically.  This is ridiculous that Sprint can't even handle the time change properly.  With all of the other problems with the Epic 4G Touch after their "updates" (mainly horrific battery life) my frustration is boiling over. 

Journeyman

I also live in Chicago wondering something went wrong in the cell phone tower.  My phone still switches time zone.