cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is just not the same...

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone is just not the same...

Why can't we choose to be flashed back to Ginger Bread with no option to update?  Why?  I don't want to wait for a Jelly Bean update and sub par functioning!  Sprint broke our phones and owes it to us to be fixed like we got it!

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My phone is just not the same...

I feel your pain. This experience has completely soured me on the entire Android platform. If Sprint ever gets a Windows 8 phone I am jumping ship at upgrade time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wonder if Jelly Bean ever gets to our messed up Epic Touch 4g phones if they screw that up most people will jump to GS3's?  Isn't apple asking for royalties or something from all phones prior to the GS3?  Look at it this way... My phone was working fine untill the last 2 updates now its pretty much a piece of junk... How long before most users get fed up and upgrade just for the sake of having a useable phone?  I want a rollback to Ginger Bread with no update notification... Have your techs do it for whoever wants it... 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been a loyal Sprint customer for over 12 years, but if they don't fix this phone I will NOT upgrade. I *just* got this phone in January. It was the most awesome phone ever before this TERRIBLE ICS "upgrade." If they don't fix this REALLY SOON (because it's been dragging on for over 2 months already by now) I will have lost ALL MY FAITH in Sprint and I will be taking my business, the 5 other lines on my account and my over $300/month I pay them to Verizon. Seeing as how my track record is to NOT switch companies, I'm sure me and the other 5 lines I have will be stay with Verizon for a very long time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just want whoever is responsible to give us some assurance that something is being done about this and that we will be the 1st to get the problems rectified without screwing things up for the worse!  We already got 2 absolutely horrible updates... a quick fix to JB might make larger problems compound!  We demand to be a priority!  We didnt sign up to get a phone that worked for a few months....

Highlighted
Journeyman

To everyone on here (like you 808 smoke)   My post got DELETED!!!!  That's right, Sprint couldn't take the heat, they DELETED my post.  Them taking these censoring actions only help vindicate my anger and Sprints FAILURE in delivering customer service.  Don't let it end like this!  Leave Sprint while you can!  They don't care about you, ONLY YOUR MONEY!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

They had NO RIGHT to delete your topic Bruce! (My response on there was also deleted.) I got the notifications of all the updates on your post because I was following it, and nobody posted anything that should have warrented it being deleted, it was more like your topic was FINALLY getting the attention it deserved! There was no good reason for them to detele it. They NEVER responded, they just deleted it. NOT COOL Sprint! NOT COOL AT ALL. We need help with our PHONES. Your DELETE the whole topic responses here on the forums and denial that we have problems are a BIG PROBLEM. What reason should we have to trust Sprint when this is how they treat us? What's up with all this COVER UP? You aren't winning ANY POINTS with ANYBODY here, Sprint! I told my husband today that we won't upgrade our phones again and that we're going to leave Sprint ASAP. I'm going to write a letter, and I'm also getting in touch with the BBB. I'm going to post about this on Facebook too. Guess what? I have 5,000 facebook friends. It's going up on my blog and on Twitter too. Enjoy the bad press Sprint. So MUCH for being #1 in customer satisfaction. If someone like me that's been an EXCELLENT customer of yours since FOREVER ago is this disgusted with your guys, I can only imagine how your average hasn't been with you forever customer is feeling right now. You REALLY should have shown some respect! It's not like we're psycho belligerants making up stories, we're good customers with VALID issues that we need your help with! This is really unacceptable. If there's a problem effecting THIS MANY users it needs to be addressed not covered up! This is so out of control, I can barely believe it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i enjoy the ics obn my phone compare to the gb i uses to have....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you Littlemoonhime.  But that's EXACTLY what they did.  They are secretly hoping we all go away, but keep paying our monthly bills fattening their pockets.  Don't believe me?  Read the thread here...  Sprint (AKA The NOW Network) is NOW censoring/deleting inauspicious & unfavorable posts.  Read what ...

I'm totally with you as well on contacting the Better Business Bureau.  And I'm also going to go on my Facebook and denounce Sprint and their HORRIBLE customer service.  I truly hope people leave Sprint in masses.  They do NOT deserve our business.

Lastly, If you see me disappear from the Sprint Forums, I'm going to tell you why right now!  It's because my account got DELETED to silence me.  I'm not going anywhere Sprint!  You're going to have to close my account down to silence me!  And if that happens, I truly hope everyone on here witnesses how you treat your "Customers."  You SHUT THEM UP when they speak the truth about you!

Highlighted
Wizard

Your original post was never deleted.  Perhaps we can help you better navigate the forums? You can find your original post here - http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/481015#481015

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your original post was never deleted, she says. You don't know how to navigate forums, she implies...

Seriously??? LIES.

Hidden = Deleted from VIEW.  SEMANTICS.  The truth is, the post has been covered up because we were calling you all out for ruining our cell phones in public forum and you don't like that because it makes you look bad. And yet...I don't see any offers to give us all a REAL FIX for our phones. It's just a bunch of "it's not that bad" and "my phone works fine, it lasts like...8 hours" and "try this, try that." OMG! On Gingerbread my phone lasted for 3 days. Ever since ICS the KERNEL is using up AT LEAST 75-98% of the battery at any given time. I have the app to prove it. THE operating system you all sent to us is DYSFUNCTIONAL AND BUGGY and it has RUINED our cell phones. WE NEED AN OS FIX. What's so difficult to understand about this? Send us a working NON-BUGGY OS and this problem will GO AWAY, just like you want it to. So long as you have all these people out here with this NON FUNCTIONAL cell phones...guess what? We're going to complain about it. I patienly waited 2 MONTHS with a HORRIBLE phone for a fix to come before I got fed up and started complaining. Imagine HOW MANY complaints are still down the road because they're hoping out for a fix still?

Believe me, if you had my phone, you'd want to throw it into the wall and smash it at least 10 times a day! You don't believe me? You think it's not that bad? Trade phones with me for a week. I dare you.

OH and just so we're all clear...this is exactly what pops up when you click on the link:

THE FIRST MESSAGE OF THIS DISCUSSION HAS BEEN HIDDEN. THIS CAN HAPPEN IF THE MESSAGE HAS BEEN HIDDEN BY A MODERATOR, OR HAS BEEN REPORTED AS ABUSIVE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I remain frustrated like everyone else.

Last night I took the plunge and cleared the cache and did the factory reset (by using the maint menu holding down power and volume up while the phone is off).  The phone was quicker after doing this, however, it actually got worse as apps quit working, the GPS was not functioning, WIFI barely worked, data was not transferring through the 4g network (with a full signal).  i've spoke with Sprint many times, never got a solid answer on anything.  Finally this morning I dropped it off at a repair center, they said give them 2 hours and then come back.  What do they hope to accomplish in this time?  I'm guessing they will do a master reset like I did last night..........

I will report back what happens.  I'm going to stay on their a$$ until this is resolved.  I can't believe I'm paying for this service................ugh.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat