cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My samsung epic touch was stolen...what now??

Highlighted
Journeyman

So my samsung got stolen not too long ago and I reported it to sprint. I also put in a claim to receive a new phone but I want to know what is going to happen to the stolen phone. Will the thief be able to still use it for whatever purposes they have for it or has it been deemed "unuseable" forever? I want to know if my data on my stolen phone will be wiped out now as well ( i dont want the culprit gaining access to ANY features on my phone). I made it so that my phone can only be unlocked after putting in the neccessary codes..will this prevent the person from using it even if they try to reset it? Please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Hi Laharris09, the serial number for your device will be flagged as stolen. This means the person who finds it will be unable to activate it on another Sprint account. If you set a lock code on your phone this does protect some of your information. They may perform a hard reset on your phone which would wipe any data saved to the phone memory but would not remove information stored on your SD card (often photos and videos). Once you get your replacement device from Asurion I would recommend downloading their free app to help locate and remotely wipe your device in the event this happens again.

Wizard

Go to the Android Market and download Plan B app to your now stolen phone (granted it's on and I hope you set a screen lock, otherwise you're a bit screwed):

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLD...

Read the description of the app and it'll tell you what to do.  You can locate it, delete all the information and sound a REAL annoying alarm.  Pretty sweet app.

Obviously, call Sprint ASAP as JoJo0401 said.

Journeyman

Thanks!!! I actually had the apps to locate it but I was so upset that I just went ahead and reported it. I heard some stories about the police not being very helpful in similar situations. And I also think the guy turned it off after stealing it because my Lookout app never pinpointed a location. I will just be extra careful from now on so this doesn't happen again

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat