cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW ICS OTA UPDATE WORKING FLAWLESSLY

Highlighted
Journeyman

NEW ICS OTA UPDATE WORKING FLAWLESSLY

I RECEIVED A NOTIFICATION YESTERDAY FOR THE ICS UPDATE!  I WAS VERY HESITANT AT FIRST BUT DOWNLOADED IT TODAY AND MY PHONE IS WORKING MUCH BETTER THAN IT EVER HAS!!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: NEW ICS OTA UPDATE WORKING FLAWLESSLY

Very happy to hear this. Just one question can you tell us the build number on your phone now.

Journeyman

Mine worked great for about a day, and then everything went to hell.

Journeyman

Woke up today August 12th and finally the update came thru to my surprise. Leary like a lot of people to install it  due to all the things Ive read and tutorials Ive seen on youtube about the update but its really cool thus far. Hopefully it will be consistent...

Journeyman

It's been bugging me since yesterday (8/11) to upgrade and I was hoping that this would be a better upgrade experience that for the first set of users. So I upgraded about 1/2 hr ago and it's generally fine but there were annoyances and I still may uncover others...

1. The "Swipe Screen to Unlock" msg is really unnecessary, why'd they feel that was needed ?!
  2. Google's "Music Play" app was removed from one of my home screens. It was still in the apps area but WTH was it removed ?!
  3. Bluetooth was totally jacked up! My device name was changed and I had to re-pair with like 5 freakin' devices! Yeh, that's an annoyance.
  4. Contacts' pictures are fine as thumbnails but when you select the contact (in Portrait mode) the picture is zoomed in so much that it's basically useless, WTF ?! The picture reverts to a decent thumbnail when in Landscape mode. Idiots.
  5. Press/hold Home button displays more info about recent/current apps but it uses transparent overlay on your home screen so it's difficult to see things. It just looks wrong. 
  6. Some apps don't exit as quickly, they kind of hang on the display for an extra second or so, pathetic.

Things that are new or still ok:

1. the Swype keyboard is alright,
  2. Task Manager is still the same,
  3. the status bar now includes text for battery percentage, eg, "75%"
  4. the notifications screen now has an action-icon to put device in silent mode

This upgrade in no way meets expectations for the improvements Ice Cream Sandwich was to bring. Instead, it brings annoyances that I hope are remedied in subsequent minor releases. I wish there was a setting I could've used to inhibit ICS upgrade notifications because I was entirely content with Gingerbread. As an IT PM it just really angers and frustrates me that so much unfinished/half-thought-out implementations were permitted to be rolled out to the user population.

Journeyman

Alert! Doing the standard pwr-off-pull-the-battery-wait-3mins-then-pwr-up procedure remedied my Bluetooth problems which were that a few devices would pair and be remembered but a few others would pair then disappear after disconnecting. Doing the battery procedure fixed this with no data loss. This procedure might remedy other problems, too. Spread the word.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat