cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving sms from Verizon contacts

Journeyman

Not receiving sms from Verizon contacts

Stared this evening. I receive messages from all my other contacts even from Puerto Rico. Pulled battery, updated profile and prl. Even factory reset. Please advice. Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Not receiving sms from Verizon contacts

im having the same problem i called sprint and they said it was some sort of dialing problem they were working on it

Journeyman

Appreciate your response, at least at this point I'm not the only one experiencing this

Journeyman

Hi, our problem ( mine and my brother's) started on Feb 25.... Multiple calls to CS, multiple visits to Sprint stores... no result. I dont want to put you down but realistically speaking this is much bigger problem. Since Feb 25 we didnt get any txt from Verizon. Sprint puts the blame on Verizon, Verizon on Sprint. No sollution. Just dissapointment. We are not the only ones,look at older posts and see for yourself that this has been on for some time without any action from Sprint.

Journeyman

A brief "update" on this issue. I asked different contacts with different carriers. ALL but Verizon's messages reached me (At&t Metro T-moble) To make the matter more pressing is that Verizon's MMS do Reach my phone. Any advice will be appreciated

Master

The problem is either  verizon is not sending them off their serivce   did you just port into Sprint?  Or a problem with the intercarrier the company that routes sms traffic between the carriers.   MMS travels a different route using the internet.   From the posting on this board you can see there has been a problem with Verizon  in particular  Do not what issue is exactly   We can do a network ticket to help resopve this issue. 

Journeyman

14KNIGHT Thanks for your response. I've been with Sprint since October last year ported from Verizon. Could you please open network ticket on my behalf? Thank you

Master

Unfortunalty  I do not have the information needed to open a ticket.

I would need you to private message me the following  Your Phone number  pin or security question answer.

At least two verizon messages that did notcome to your phone with  the number that sent them with date and time.  Will also need a contact number and email address so the network team can contact you.  With the above information I can look at the account and take the needed actions to file a ticket

Please do not post private information on the boards

Journeyman

Thank you will send PM right away

Journeyman

Im a new customer to Sprint as of 3/6/12 and Ive had the same issue with Verizon text.  I can recieve from all other carriers except Verizon.  I've called CS numerous times and have been transfered to several departments all saying someone else will have to look into it.   What I think is funny, it's posted in here, as many users are experiencing this issueand yet no one at Sprint seems to know about the issue!!!    If they can't get the issue resolved before my 14 day period is up, I will have to return the phone and find another carrier with service in my area.

Journeyman

after 10 days and tons of calls to sprint they finally fixed it

Journeyman

Do you know exactly what they did to fix it? I just found out last night that it extends to T-Mobile customers, so I can only receive text messages from AT&T and Sprint Customers.... Pretty Pathetic if you ask me

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat