cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom menu presses

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phantom menu presses

I have had my Epic 4g Touch for about 4 months.  About 2 months  ago I started getting phantom menu presses everytime I try to use the phone.  When this happens it renders the phone useless or at the very best very difficult to use. The menu screen will go on and off rapidly and all of the keys across the bottom of the display stop working.  The only way to get the phantom menu presses to stop is to shut off the display and turn the display back on.

I went online and to both the Sprint support and other various forums and tried everything from soft resets, hard resets, wiping the phone back to factory defaults.

None of this helped, so I took the phone to the Sprint store where I was told that this is a common problem with the Epic 4G Touch and there is no fix.  Their suggestion was that I pay them $35 for a remanufactured phone that may or may not have the same issue, or I send the phone back to Samsung at my shipping cost under warranty. If I send it to them I am without a phone for up to 2 weeks which is not acceptable because I need my phone for work.

Is there anything that anyone knows that can help me?

Why is it that I cannot trade this phone, or sell it back to Sprint to get a phone that actually works.  I think they should at least acknowledge that they are selling equipment that is bad and stand up and offer a replacement.  Instead, I get the story that this is a known issue and I should learn to live with it.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Phantom menu presses

Matterial,

Thanks for the post and I can understand where you are coming from. The reason that you would be charged $35 is fi there was a lack of insurance on your account. If you have insurance and you take it in it should be free to look at. You also have the option of purchasing a refurb phone for cheap from Sprint.com/prewoned, while you are waiting for the device from Samsung. This is something that is a manufacturer’s defect and it would be best to get his taken care of through them.

Sean L

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint.com/preowned is a dead link.

Highlighted
Wizard

Matterial,

Sorry about that. I'm not too sure what’s going on with that link. Please try this. http://shop.sprint.com/content/preowned/index.html?ECID=vanity:preowned

Sean L

Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat