Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Dial pad reads as double

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

I set up my voicemail passcode and it was reading my input as double for example if I were to put "1234" as my code it would repeat back "11234" On my phone screen I see that I correctly dialed 1234 but it keeps reading an extra number. I got so frustrated because it wouldnt read my dials correctly that I disabled my passcode. I havent tried it on any other number that requires entering of numbers, Was it the voicemail or my phone? I JUST got this today too. BTW I have a samsung galaxy s2.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Phone Dial pad reads as double

This does not require a factory reset, Go into the settings and turn off the dial pad or keypad sounds. That should stop it from happening.

Wizard

These Sprint reps are real factory reset happy, aren't they?  It just saves them from actually solving a problem or understanding what's going on.

also, if its ALWAYS dialing a 1 with the dial pad, you might have international dialing set on and the country as +1 (since we be in the US of Amurica).  There is a behavior that adds a 1 if that's on.  its not a big deal.  however, you said you were entering a passcode, so this may not be your issue.

Levi4u wrote:

This does not require a factory reset, Go into the settings and turn off the dial pad or keypad sounds. That should stop it from happening.

Journeyman

That worked! I guess maybe the dial noise was too much.

Thank you so much!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat