cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone continuously reboots after Ice Cream Sandwich update.

Highlighted
Patron

Phone continuously reboots after Ice Cream Sandwich update.

My daughters phone started rebooting about every 15 minutes after the Ice Cream Sandwich update. Has anyone else been experiencing the same problem? We went to the Sprint store and was told it was a known issue with Ice Cream Sandwich and the Samsunge Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G. I called the Sprint 1-800 number the day before and was told there were no known issues. Either the person in the store or the person on the phone do not know what they are talking about. The phone isn't even a year old but unfortunatly it has a small crack on the bottom of the screen. The person at the store says the crack has nothing to do with the problem but unfortunately it voids the Sprint and the manufactureres warranty so we can't do the $35 exchange. I think it is crazy that Sprint won't cover it under the warranty since they admit the crack is not what is causing the problem. The person at the Sprint store said there should be an update available within 2 weeks but 2 weeks is a long time when your phone is restarting every 15 minutes. So far I am very disappointment with the service Sprint has provided.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Phone continuously reboots after Ice Cream Sandwich update.

I have 2 of these phones and BOTH of them have been doing random reboots since the upgrade!!

Somebody HELP!!

Patron

My daughters phone has gotten worse today. It rebooted over 20 times in an hour, she just shut the phone off now. We are going to go back out to Sprint tomorrow and see if they will remove Ice Cream Sandwich and reinstall Gingerbread since the phone worked fine with it. If someone from Sprint reads this message please let me know if that is possible or not.

Journeyman

I believe if you do a factory data reset and format the usb storage that could clear up problems with that phone. Also try to install only applications that are compatible with ICS. Remember that running uncompatible ICS applications can cause problems. Hope that helps!

Journeyman

Okay, I have the constant rebooting, not to mention a lot of freezing, my phone and battery run very hot and my battery life is now half of what it was.  I could run all day on one charge, now I am charging at least two times a day.  Needless to say I dislike the ICS upgrade, I am taking my SGS2 to my Sprint store for the data reset.  I was told this will take about an hour and a half, no biggie but will all my problems be resolved by this and will I be charged?

Patron

They did a factory reset to my daughters phone twice and it did not fix the problem with her phone but there was no charge.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. Every since I got the lastest FH13 update, my phone constantly reboots.  I can't even use my phone anymore.  Everytime I press the power button, the screen stays black, until later the screen shows up.  Once that happens, my phone reboots.  Annoying... I did factory reset too.

Journeyman

When you did the factory reset, did you back everything up and format the USB storage and/or MicroSD card?

It's been noticed that a factory reset doesn't clean data on those locations out, which means you could still have things lingering.
I did that with FI03 and it fixed most of the issues.

Journeyman

Screenshot_2012-09-20-19-05-12.png

up!

Journeyman

Moke,

Happy to help you but cross-posting the same thing over every post, especially without giving more info to help diagnose it isn't helping you or others.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat