Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't silence when using headphones

Go to solution
Journeyman

Phone doesn't silence when using headphones

I wanted to browse the list of ringtones on my newly purchased Galaxy SII but didn't want everyone in my office to have to listen in.  So, I plugged in some headphones and selected the first ringtone.  When one of my co-workers looked up, I realized that my phone was playing the sound as well as my headphones.  Really?!?

After several minutes of searching the settings and even more time spent browsing forums, I find myself here asking if this is normal.  Shouldn't the phone go silent when I plug my headphones in?  What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dabigoh, I played with the galaxy s2 for a little while to see if there is a way to make the ringtone go through the headset and I was not able to locate one. It seems like the only thing that does not play just through the headset is the ringtone, music and notifications do. I am not able to test this with a bluetooth as I do not have one available to me. Sorry for any inconvience this may be causing you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dabigoh, I played with the galaxy s2 for a little while to see if there is a way to make the ringtone go through the headset and I was not able to locate one. It seems like the only thing that does not play just through the headset is the ringtone, music and notifications do. I am not able to test this with a bluetooth as I do not have one available to me. Sorry for any inconvience this may be causing you.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

Thank you for the response.  I guess it would have been smart for me to test the other sounds before posting my question, but it appears you are correct.  All of the "System" sounds will play through both the phone and headphones, but all media will only play through the headphones when they are plugged in.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat