Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is shutting down, getting no service, and draining battery

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone is shutting down, getting no service, and draining battery

About a week ago my Galaxy SII started getting no network service, I have to constantly use wi-fi which drains my battery.  Also if I'm in a car or somewhere where wi-fi is not available, I try to use the network it will tell me I have no connection then shut down my phone.  After fighting to restart! It says my battery is critically low and shuts back down.  I have to plug it back in an wait ten minutes then it is fully charged.  The cycle starts again if I try to use the network.  I also will just not have service.  I've never had issues in my house but now I get a giant circle with a slash through it and I can't do anything.  My husbands phone from sprint will bright next to it and ave full service.  I've had this phone for about 18mths and this last week has made me want to never purchase a Samsung device again.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have not installed te update because I read all the issues others were having with it.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Phone is shutting down, getting no service, and draining battery

I suggest you do a factory reset, then install the latest update.. when done do another factory reset to finish the clean install. There is nothing wrong with that update, in fact I have noticed better battery life and they fixed the awful screen gap when holding home button .

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Phone is shutting down, getting no service, and draining battery

KADESSO

Thanks for posting on Sprint Community. We're all here to help!

Cubagb1 has a good suggestion. If you do process a factory reset on your phone, please make sure to back up and save all data beforehand.

I suggest visiting a local repair center. Visit http://sprint.com/storelocator to find a store near you and set up an appointment if necessary.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat