cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps restarting, help!

Highlighted
Patron

Phone keeps restarting, help!

My phones Device menu keeps popping up without me touching the Power button and sometimes it will restart. I'll have half a battery or more and when it restarts it says that it's dead (0%). I really need help on what to do, it gets annoying when i'm using my phone and it will restart on its own.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

You probably have a bad power button. It's very common on the Galaxy S2 (from all carriers).

I had the same problem with my SPH-D710 - it would randomly reboot every few days, and it kept getting more frequent, up to several times per day. I bought and installed a replacement power button, and haven't had any trouble since.

If you don't have insurance coverage and are out of warranty, you can replace the bad power button yourself. Several eBay sellers have replacement switches for the Epic Touch for less than ten bucks.

Or, if you don't have great soldering skills, several eBay sellers offer mail-in repair service:

$40 (99.7% positive feedback): Sprint Epic 4G Touch Fix Power Switch Samsung Galaxy S2 Replace Button Service | eBay

$45 - (98% positive feedback): Power Button Repair Samsung Galaxy s Galaxy s II Galaxy Note More | eBay

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oliviaaaa95

Sorry for the delayed response. TheWoolf has provided you with some great information there and I am going to have to agree with him in this case. Personally I had the exact same issue with my Galaxy S2 and it turned out to also be the power button. In addition to the options that he gave you I would also suggest taking the phone to a service and repair location to see if they can replace it for you.

Alex

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine is doing the same thing, constant rebooting after a few seconds of swiping, and the power button wasn't working.  I went to my local store, they replaced the power button but for the other problem, they said they would have to replace the phone.  The problem is, they said it would take A WEEK to get it from the warehouse!  I went back tonight after dealing with the phone issues all day (and all weekend) to see if there was anything they could do to get me the replacement, or ANY other phone in the meantime, and they said there was not.  I called the customer service line from my home phone, because, after 15 seconds on my S2, it crashed, and they were unable to help either.  It's insane in this day and age, where Amazon or any other retailer, can have an order to me in 24 hours, Sprint can't get me a phone for A WEEK!  If I were to order a new phone, they'd bend over backwards to get me a phone.  I could upgrade, but I'm waiting for a Note 3.  I have the insurance, but I'm not paying the $100 deductible for a phone that isn't even worth that now.  Useless.  Worthless.  Sprint.

Highlighted
Patron

Hey MAXTHESILENT9,

Sorry to hear that it's happening to you as well. When my device menu kept popping up i didn't take it in since I didn't have a sprint store near my town. once it started to get worse such as turning off more constantly, and started to flicker, freeze then power off, then wouldn't charge when many different and new chargers that's when i called customer service. It was a hassle to get them to send me a replacement I called them 3 times and did the online Chat a few times because they kept saying they will send it out, but I never received a e-mail or call back about my confirmation about my replacement order till the 3rd call. Maybe if you keep Doing the online chat and calling them in and just bugging them they will do something because they keep a record, so they know you're calling in and messaging them, hopefully them seeing that they will send you a new one. After all the hassle I finally got my replacement phone. After my contract ends i am switching companies. Just keep bugging the crap out of them, you are a paying customer . It did take me 11 days to get my phone, it took me about 7 days for them to confirm my order, since they were lying in the beginning when kept telling me they will send one out. I have insurance as well.

Journeyman

Oliviaaaa95

I wanted to follow up with you to see how the replacement device is working. Please reach out to us if you need anything else.

Alex

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Patron

My phone won't vibrate. I've checked the the sound setting for it to always vibrate i even went to the text messaging and checked the box for it to always vibrate. I did the LCD test and vibrate wont work.  

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat