cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone will not update to FI27. Sprint tech please respond.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone will not update to FI27. Sprint tech please respond.

I was promoted twice in the last week to update my phone to the current FI27 build, and currently I am on FH13. I got this phone about 2 weeks ago as a return from a sprint corporate store. However, when it downloads the update then goes to the android guy screen...it doesn't finish and just has an android dude with a red triangle above him. This is the OTA update and not a file I downloaded...I have also never rooted is device. Then, it restarts my phone and says finalizing update. I go to settings to check and I am still on FH13. Is there something wrong with my phone? I noticed a whole bunch of red wording when I went into recovery...if that means anything

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Phone will not update to FI27. Sprint tech please respond.

Bueller, Bueller....anyone....anyone?

Are you using WIFI when trying to update the software and having your phone plugged to the wall charger?

If the software keeps on failing, you may want to go to a service and repair store and see if they can assist you by manually pushing the software to your device.

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

Same situation here. Update reboots and stops at recovery screen stating that it failed. Options include reboot, apply sdcard update, wipe cache, etc. Is there a default location the update is stored in (ergo E:/android...) where I can point to the file? After the reboot it does not update, nor is there one pending. But, this is the 3rd attempt automated by Sprint.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat