cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo receipt on messenger

Journeyman

Photo receipt on messenger

I'm having trouble receiving photos through the standard messenger program.  I can send photos at will (system even compresses), but trying to receive anything comes up with zilch usually.  The current one that I'm looking at says Message size:644KB

Expires 7:27PM, Apr 10

Downloading...

It has been downloading since February 9! But nothing is really happening. Do I need to increase file receipt size.  And let's not talk about system updating...that's another issue for a thread I'm about to start.

SPH-D710

Android 2.3.4

Gingerbread.eg30

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Photo receipt on messenger

Hi tekaytalks,

Thanks for your Community post regarding photo receipt errors. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing you, and I am happy to assist you with this matter. Are you having this error receiving just 1 picture in particular, or for all pictures that are being sent to you? Generally, the fix for this issue is to power cycle your device, and once your device powers back on, complete an update profile and PRL. To check on the performance of your towers to determine if there are any outages, may you please provide me your zip code and cross streets?

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hey Yahkie. I updated the PRL and profile. And the images are still not showing.  Thing is, it isn't consistent. A friend sent me a picture a week ago and it never downloaded; he sent a different one yesterday and it came through within 30 secs.

38105 S. Front/Gayoso

Wizard

tekaytalks,

Thanks for providing me your zip code and cross streets, along with clarifying the issues. I have checked zip code 38105 and it does reflect that there is an outages. Just as a test, are you able to ask you friend to send the original picture again, and determine if it’s an issues with the picture itself or your device being incapable of downloading said image.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

it's the device, just had someone try to send me new photos as a test.

Highlighted
Wizard

tekaytalks,

Thanks for your reply. Since you are experiencing this issues with everyone whom is sending you pictures, I would suggest taking the device to a S&R center so that a technician may triage the device. It's also suggested to back up your device so thatyou’re your important information is saved in case the device needs to be reset to factory default settings. Please feel free to visit www.sprint.com/storelocator to locate your nearest store. Also, may you please return to this post and keep me posted on the outcome of the store visit?

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat