cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picasa won't Sync..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Picasa won't Sync..

Everything is working fine after the upgrade, except I can no longer sync Picasa albums. I got to Settings > Accounts & sync > Google > Sync Picasa  -- but nothing happens. It won't sync. Any suggestions?

And what is Google Photos? Never saw that one before. I'm not on Google+

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Is Picasa listed insode of your gmail account, or separately in accounts list?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's one of the items in the Gmail account (along with Calendar, Contacts, Drive, Photos, etc.). All of these sync just fine. Only Picasa does not.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Do you have an application for Picasa installed?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No app for Picasa. Let me say, before the ICS upgrade, I was able to see my Picasa albums in the Gallery. And I did not add or change any apps or settings.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Are the Missing albums the indicator you are using to say that Picasa is not synchronizing, or are you going off of last sync time in accounts and sync>google?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Both. Albums are no longer there and the last sync was July 29 for only the Picasa item. All other Google items have today's date  for sync.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Followed this string and found setting for Picasa sync. "deselected" by ICS install and last sync date of 7/31. Once I reselected Picasa sync, my albums were immediately restored to GSII's gallery. Google has released version upgrades of Picasa and Picasa Web Albums within the last few weeks. You might check if the permissions on your albums are correct to allow D/L of photos instead of just links.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@reginold  Not sure what you mean by reselecting Picasa. I "tap now to sync" and it doesn't sync. Is there some other place I need to reselect it. Also I haven't changed permissions and I was able to download albums before the ICS update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I reviewed my google sync settings after ICS, I found the checkmark next to Picasa "greyed out". I did not change settings, so assume that ICS install must have changed the setting. Once I reselected Picasa sync, checkmark turned green, I could see data transfer between Google servers and my phone for maybe 15 seconds, and about 50 photos were restored in 2 albums - as before in the "gallery".  I had wiped the albums from the gallery before installing ICS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

my version doesn't make use of check marks.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat