cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play Store gets stuck on waiting for network

Highlighted
Journeyman

Play Store gets stuck on waiting for network

My Epic 4G Touch is running version 3.7.13 of the Google Play Store. I've noticed that if I try to download anything on the 4G connection, it hangs on "waiting for network". If I use an older version of the Play Store or if I use the Wifi or 3G connection, it will download the apps without a problem. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks

SC20120704-073852.png

50 REPLIES 50
Journeyman

Re: Play Store gets stuck on waiting for network

I am having the same exact problem. Googled it and found myself here. If i find a solution i'l come back and post.

Journeyman

sometimes if I switch back and forth between 3g and wireless this will resolve the issue for me.

Journeyman

I'm so glad that I found this thread, because I too thought that I was the only one having this issue. I just traded a friend my EVO 3D for his GSII yesterday, so I was afraid that his Epic 4G Touch has 4G issues. 4G works great in the browser and everywhere else, but like you say, in the Play Store, it just hangs up. Hopefully there will be a solution issued soon, or a minor incremental update pushed to the Play Store that happens to fix it.

Journeyman

I don't think its just Samsung, my Evo 3D is having the same issue. Can browse the web and even the market fine on 4G, just cant download any apps. No problems downloading on 3G though, just slow.

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem here on a GSII Epic 4g Touch. I've tried everything but I'm still getting the same problem. I hope they're aware about this.

Journeyman

This also happens on my Evo 4g.  Wifi and 3G work just fine...

Journeyman

This just happened to me today for the first time on my Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch.  It is weird.  It was working fine earlier...and now, it just gives me the "waiting for network" line.  The 4G will work for my apps and when I am browsing the net.  It just doesn't work for Google Play.  Oddly enough, the 3G will work if I am trying to download something on Google Play. 

I suspect "human error" on Sprint's part in this.

Wizard

JESUS_MA wrote:

This just happened to me today for the first time on my Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch.  It is weird.  It was working fine earlier...and now, it just gives me the "waiting for network" line.  The 4G will work for my apps and when I am browsing the net.  It just doesn't work for Google Play.  Oddly enough, the 3G will work if I am trying to download something on Google Play. 

I suspect "human error" on Sprint's part in this.

This is a DNS problem between the 4G network and Google servers where the server is not sending or receiving the authentication packets. This is on Google's end most likely and NOT HUMAN ERROR or caused by Sprint.

Why would you think it's human error to begin with?!?!? Also WHY jump to the conclusion it's on Sprints end?

Journeyman

I don't believe that its a problem cause by Sprint. I'm guessing that Google messed up somewhere when they put together the Play Store apk.

Journeyman

Even if you are right, ALynch40 (and I can't confirm or deny it), it is Sprint's responsibility to maintain the network communication between these phones.  If a phone as popular as the GII E4GT is experiencing this, then something is wrong.  Since there are online forums where quite a few customers mention that they are experiencing the same problem with 4G access to Google Play, it is obviously an issue that isn't confined to a few customers. 

I am sorry if it is easy to assume that someone at Sprint is in error.  My experience with Sprint has been relatively good for many years, but I still have had some nasty experiences where someone inadvertantly dropped the ball. 

Wizard

Yes it is Sprint's responsibility to maintain the phone network but as I stated above it appears to be a issue on Google's end with their server which Sprint can not control and has nothing to do with.

This has happened before and most likely will happen again. It happenes to all 3 networks and even on 3G service.

It's just a random act of wonkyness that occurs in cyberland....LOL

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat