cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Signal on my Samsung S Epic II no problem with other sprint phones in the house

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor Signal on my Samsung S Epic II no problem with other sprint phones in the house

I have two Samsung S Epic 2's (mine and my boyfriends) in our house. There are 3 other diffrent sprint phones in the house and ours do not work in the house or near the house. I get little to no signal and am constantly roaming and getting messages that i lost my data connection while my boyfriends gets decent phone signal but no internet signal. My mother has the new HTC Evo 4g lte and my sister has the HTC EVO Design they have no problem getting on the internet or with calls. My phone now is starting to dial a call but then turns into a microphone for me where i can here everthing on my end in the earpiece but doesn't connect me or stops rining and turns into a microphone when making out going calls. My phone isn't even 6 months this is very disguraging. I have been a sprint customer for years now and this is the first time i am having problems like this. I use my phone with work and it is getting very hard to do business with. Can somebody please tell me if they are having the same problems. I live in Old Forge, PA there are several towers around me too

Thank you,

Candace

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Cand,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issues with your Epic II devices at home.  If other phones in the house are having no issues but yours are, it's most likely specific to the devices themselves.  Keep in mind, different devices will respond to the network differently.  Have you performed the most recent updates on your phones?  Try going to Menu>Settings>System Updates>Update Profile & Update PRL.  Try performing both of those updates on your devices and see if this helps.  If it doesn't, I'd bring your devices to your nearest Sprint Repair Center to confirm there are no issues with the devices themselves.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I am having the same problem with my Samsung S2, and so is my wife. We both had the EVO 4G with no problems then upgraded to the Galaxy S2/epic 4g and have had nothing but poor signal issues. I have done the PRL update as well as taken my phone in for diagnostics at the sprint repair center. They said nothing is wrong with my phone and basically wasted 1.5 hours of my day. Sprint refuses to do anything about this problem and will not swap this phone for a different phone, just another S2 with the same problems. Google this and you will see that it is quite common with this phone. We are all paying for a premium service we can rarely use. The best thing we can do is print several of  the complaints related to this issue on sprints site as well as others (they are not difficult to find) and file a complaint with the FCC as well as you states Attorney Generals Office, you can file with the FCC online or by phone, fax or mail. Otherwise we will all be stuck paying off 2 year contracts with a phone that we can barely use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

you could flash and root your phone and install differnet modems to have better signal... otherwise uses an app call fresh networks it works since the place where i work sucks so i have to refesh the network

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info, but I finally found a fantastic rep at the sprint store who valued my 11 years as a sprint customer and is swapping my phone out for an EVO 3D. I will still try that app on my new phone. In the mean time I activated my old EVO 4G and I have no signal problems at all with it..I might try rooting but I am afraid of bricking my phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat