cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

Highlighted
Journeyman

Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

If there is not already one is existence, I would like to compile a list of problems current Epic 4G Touch users who have updated to Ice Cream Sandwich software from the recent (within 1.5 weeks of today, 7/18/12) Sprint software push (not rooted ROMS, nor manual updates please). These problems should only be ones which have to come to light after the update, meaning the feature/app/etc worked prior to updating, but no longer functions correctly after the update. Please adhere to the following:

-Be as specific as possible about the issue being experienced

-List only problems that you can replicate

-General location (Eg. Zip code 08817, Northern NJ, etc.) if you'd like

Example:

Zipcode 08817, Here are my problems so far:

1. MHL to HDMI output is no longer functioning. Both the phone and the television recognize an HDMI connection, but the image(s) and audio on my phone are not mirrored on my television as they are supposed to. There is only a black screen shown on my television.

2. 4G connection doesn't allow for Youtube videos to play anymore. The connection is always dropped before any part of the video starts playing.

3. Application opening and closing isn't as smooth as as they were with Gingerbread.

I'd like to get a comprehensive list of problems people are experiencing due to this revent update because I'd like some accountablility for these problems. I've attempted to contact Sprint, Samsung, and Google with these issues, and not one of them is holding themselves accountable for these issues. We are all customers paying for these services, and something should be done upon immediate notification of these problems to satisfy us as consumers, in addition to giving people who may be unaware of the bad changes that have/can occur by updating. Please keep this thread to PROBLEMS only, as I have described above, in order to make it easier for me to compile the problems into one comprehensive list. Thank you everyone for your input and help.

430 REPLIES 430
Highlighted
Journeyman

Confirmed!

I just downgraded my phone to GB EL29 and the 4G speed is fast again!. So yes RC1024: both ICS FF18 and FH13 are not good for some of us.

I hope Sprint can replace our phones not with another galaxy s2 but with another LTE capable phone.

I'll post pictures of my 4G speeds on both GB and ICS tonight.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

At this point if you have completed the reset, and the store can duplicate a behavior outside of what we would expect, they should be able to collect log data from your phone to feed back to the developers, in hope of getting it corrected in a future maintenance software release.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Edgar, what a coincidence ; ) although I could explain it away as 10, 2, and 4: the times that they suggest drinking a Dr. Pepper for optimal pep!

It seems like it may be due to network conditions, or your phone’s network settings. When I compare network speeds since the conditions can change from one moment to the next I like to compar the speeds on 2 devices at once, this will make it a more fair comparison. Even at this there are far more variables than just same place/same time, the phones may be assigned different addresses to have their requests served from, cache/buffer status of phone, they may be on different cell sites, different channels, and there may be even more than this that I may be unaware of.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I understand Manny, let me know if you feel differently at some point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been on the phone with Sprint and Samsung the past 2 days.  Apparently, their is no problem and NO ONE is at fault.  I don't know how to roll my phone back to GB but I want to that, however, Sprint store techs told me it's not possible, Sprint phone tech said it is via Samsung and Samsung tech told me it'snot possible.  At this point, I just don't want the phone anymore.  I don't want a replacement GS2 so I can start all over with these dumb issues. Since this ICS upgrade, my phone has become useless.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Edgar if you are seeing a disparity in speed between EL29 and FF18/FH13 and it is relatively easy to duplicate then the store is the best place to report it, they can capture your log data in both versions, then send it to the developers for analysis.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Junsbug, I have tried to make this clear, not all users are experiencing these symptoms, and those who are not seeing any relief after factory restore are urged to have the phone checked, update reapplied, then if the problem persists the service & repair techs can report back to developers with the phone's logs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello RC, I understand what you have tried to make clear.  What I am trying to make clear is that I AM still experiencing issues AFTER 2 factory restores AND reapplying the update.  The unfortunate thing is that MY phone still doesn't work properly and after countless calls and visits to Sprint stores, there is no solution. 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

After one reset, and the service & repair rep reapplying the software update the resolution to this problem is for the rep to collect data from the phone for the developers to evaluate, this is how the problem would be corrected, provide proof of the deficiencies to the people who are expected to correct them, reflashing your phone to an old version, or an alternate version can never achieve this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thank you RC but reflashing my phone to an old version would allow it to do what I need it to do...WORK.  There seems to be months worth of definciencies here but still no fix and it's amazing to think we are expected to accept that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So what you're saying is that the last step, after all else has failed and Sprint refuses to acknowledge that there are issues that affect a large number of its customers, is for us to be our own troubleshooters and tech servicemen by going through what (for many) will be a convoluted process...and then sending it to the mysterious developers that no other Sprint customer rep has referred us to previously, so many of us wouldn't even know where to start. It shouldn't be your customers' jobs to do all of this work. We have jobs, school, and a life, and we expect to not have to tap into our tech wiz lobe of our brain because a Sprint update screwed up what was a perfectly working phone.

I see a lot of people thanking you just for hanging around in this thread, and I mean no personal disrespect, but I don't understand it. All you are doing is parroting back our problems to us and saying "Gee whiz, that's so weird, my test phone is perfect! Let me prove it to you!" You aren't assisting any of us, and I'm sure that's by Sprint's corporate design. I would say that it's nice of you for patiently and politely responding to each of our complaints, but that is actually part of what you're paid to be doing. Escalate this issue to upper management, get Sprint to tell us how they are going to fix this problem quickly, or compensate us for a ruined phone experience, and give us real answers. Then I'll thank you. Until then, you've just been giving all of us worthless lip service.

I've already begun shopping for a new carrier, and I just signed up with Sprint last year. If it weren't for the dismal alternatives and ridiculous cancellation fee, I probably would have switched already. I'm giving this a short while longer and then I'll have to abandon ship for some other, equally terrible carrier (Verizon is an awful corporation, but at least they have coverage). Sprint needs to at least ACKNOWLEDGE that there are issues, and it's not their users' faults, or people are going to start getting irritated and take their business elsewhere.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

But the main point is that before you do what you feel is necessary, having the store properly report this will be beneficial in getting these problems corrected, especially since it is not a situation that is easily duplicated on all Epic Touches

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat