cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

Highlighted

Re: Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

RC1024 - yes, I have tried everything. This started with the original ICS and continues. Actually, I think it is at least as often if not more frequent.Yes, I have tried the menu button -  it appears the phone "freezes" and will eventually begin to respond. There was twice I actually had to power off to get it to respond. Task Manager is standard - I do have Lookout installed but have always had that installed and it is up to date. Again, this is since ICS (and it occurred with original GB until that update occurred). Also, the menu pops up randomly and frequently.

I also like HTC but I am hesitant about the newest 4G LTE - I already have one on the account and the radio/antenna signal may be an issue. It has improved with the latest update but not so sure yet.

So will see - but the other thing that is pushing me to the "dark" side is that one can purchase an iTunes or app card to purchase from the store - I do not and will not store my credit card on my phone nor in the play store or google or anywhere - it is not safe. So therefore will not purchase any apps which limits what I utilize.

I have been watching the forums for issues to determine my next phone. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well after the FH13 upgrade didn't help much, and tweaking as much as I could, I did the hard reset and restored my data.  I'm putting apps back on slowly but the battery life has improved a bunch.  In standby it's losing about 4% an hour with a call or two and checking the battery usage.  Hated to do it but it was unusable in the previous condition.  Now it's at least usable.  The battery loss is definitely directly proportional now to the signal strength.  I can see on the chart when it's yellow and green with the signal strength, and how the bar changes angle.

Not a solution but at least a band aid until someone gets their act together.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I have had the bluetooth disconnect reboot problem since ICS hit the Galaxy S2 about 2 months ago and FH13 has fixed nothing. When I take the phone into the shop to explain what is happening, they say that they can't do anything unless they can recreate the problem, but then they stream something from my phone but don't connect to another bluetooth device, they could sit in my car for 10 minutes and it would reset for them, but they refuse to try it that way. Bluetooth to my stereo in my car for commutes was one of the big reasons for going with the S2, and it was working perfectly until ICS.

Really getting frustrated with the way that Sprint's service technicians in my area are basically denying that the problem exists for me and I'm not even mentioning the piss poor batterly life that the S2 is getting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Zipcode 91040, Here are my biggest ICS problems so far:

1. Like most people, ever since the upgrade my battery consumption went from awesome to crap. It used to be that I only had to charge it ever 2-3 days, even with a bunch of background apps running, wifi/bluetooth/4G & GPS all on all the time. Now, it barely lasts a few hours before it's drained. I constantly have to put it on the charger. I constantly have a dead phone because the battery dies before I can charge it. This is compltely unacceptable. Day 2 from the first OTA I got all the battery monitoring apps. Ever since the ICS upgrade, and the 2nd upgrade that followed, this is what's draining my battery: KERNEL. This is so insanely frustrating because you can't FIX IT. It's part of the OS. MY OS should not be draining sometimes up to 98% of my battery power and never under 75% of my battery power! It rarely goes into DEEP SLEEP and most of the time its running on 200 MHz. Somedays it never goes into DEEP SLEEP. I've uninstalled & reinstalled all my apps, I've shut off things like wifi & bluetooth, GPS, and all sorts of things. Honestly...this whole situation is ridiculous. An UPGRADE by definition is supposed to improve things not RUIN them. I've been fighting with my phone for over 2 months now and I'm SICK of this. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to get back on Gingerbread when my phone used to be PERFECT, but I can't find a safe, reliable, easy way to do it.

2. I can't send long text messages anymore. It just outright refuses to send them. I have to keep shortening texts and then retyping them over and over to send out what I was trying to say.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone heard about or considered a class action lawsuit over this disaster? My phone has gone from wonderful to terrible with the two updates. I don't want money; I want it fixed or out of the contract. I need a reliable connection and a working phone!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

the only problem i have is once in awhile a texts takes forever to send... and sometimes i have to hot retboot my phone for it to send otherwise nothing really bothers me

Highlighted
Journeyman

Billy,  I'll bet when this happens you are also unable to make a call. Give it a try next time. This has happened to me.  No SMS or voice, but data is working.  Rebooting makes it work again.  I start getting missed texts after the reboot.  No missed call indications unless they left a VM.

Highlighted
Journeyman

call works fine it was a rom/battery tweak that was cause handcent to to take forever to send texts

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually I am asking too if anyone is considering a class action lawsuit against this disaster.

Billy, that's because the network connection. Mine went down terrible! From 7 Mbps on GB to 900 Kbps on ICS. Check out my pictures on page 19.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i uses the fresh netowk app a lot

Highlighted
Journeyman

this has got to be the worst update ever. got to tell ya sprint has taught us a lesson. for all you people who whined about not having ics wish you can take it back to gb when the phone actually worked well. one the e4gt was pleaged with problems while on gb like the infamous LOS issue, but this ics update takes screw up to new level. for example.as i type this swype used to work, not anymore and the lag on the phone makes it a pain in the ass to type with now. the browser that used to be great is now garbage, the flash implementation is less than it used to be, and with the connection issues, you can barely use tge browser or facebook, or yahoo mail or anything else that needs to secure and reliable data connwction. grantes the e4gt probably has the worst radio in the market. ok sprint you taught us a lesson just downgrade my phone back to gb and ill never ask for anything again. granted i should have followed my own advice and left well enough alone. but im so angry i had to write something and a started to put this in ALL CAPS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

dont let me.get started on tge battery drain and i have and extended battery i used to get 10 hrs at.full.use now i get 3 maybe 4. did.i mention this ugrade is a nightmare. i agree sprint refuses to ackmowledge ot fix the problem, they should give us the option to leave, i think it would be actually cheaper for sprint

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat