cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

Now that I had my replacement long enough to play around and add more apps I can say it is an improvement.  My battery life is not as good as pre ICS, but it is much better.  I didn't have any problems with my phone freezing until I used the Sprint Zone app. Every time I use that app it freezes my phone.  I'm still having Wifi issues.  For example sitting here at my netbook signal strength is full bars.  On my phone in the same spot..nothing even with the Airave.  Also, my mms are hit and miss if the recipient receives them. 

My son's phone still has the battery drain issues and calls not going through.  I can call him and I go straight to VM in the same room.  I ended up having to pick a cheapo pay as you go phone so I can get his phone into the Sprint store for them to look at.  The sad part is the cheapo phone has better reception than his SII.  Unbelievable. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

George_Girgis wrote:

It was pushed by sprint but, it was sent to them by Samsung. They messed this up not Google or Sprint. Samsung is just blaming everyone else for this mess.

Sprint has to add in their bloatware before it's pushed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

That's not right, we have collected data to report problems found with past software updates, this is why we continue to see updates with improvements like FH13, and FI27.

As others have stated, communication among Sprint employees is lacking. I was told yesterday that FH13 is the latest and the lady I spoke with had no idea about FI27. She put me on hold while she talked to tech support and came back and said FH13 is the latest. I hope you see this looks bad for Sprint, with multiple employees giving customers conflicting information.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Many people have seen improvements in battery life and performance going from FF18 to FH13. Something you may not realize is that our process, will collect data(for the most part) in the service centers, which is then provided to developers, and if all goes well they propose a maintenance release of software to correct the problem. This is largely not handled in the call centers, or in the communities. We do what we can to relay problems reported back to the developers, but we provide them with a somewhat incomplete picture without being able to test the phone, or consistently provide log data.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Thank you for pointing this out, I have filed reports for both parties envolved. Honestly, I have been doing tech support here for a long while, and am not sure how other groups verify current software information, I will make note of this in hope that it may change going forward.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

Thank you for pointing this out, I have filed reports for both parties envolved. Honestly, I have been doing tech support here for a long while, and am not sure how other groups verify current software information, I will make note of this in hope that it may change going forward.

Thanks. I know in large corporations (I work in one), communication can sometimes not be what it should. Hopefully whatever you do will help out other users in the future.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Coming in late here, so forgive me if this has already been posted, but there is a review of the FI27 update for the Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6IeSfwsl4Q

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024

Would it better to take my son's phone into our local corporate store or wait for the new OTA update?  If the OTA update is the best choice is it best to set his phone to factory settings prior? 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I usually wait it out, but if he's having trouble then the update may be more of a priority. If he has not yet seen the update first try KIES on your computer, if it does not show an update upon connection then you would want to try the store. I might suggest calling ahead to check with the tech in store, asking if they have FI27 available to install to the Epic touch in their store. I have no way to determine which versions they have available in store, or which software versions are available to them. You may download KIES from http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

I don't suggest that a user complete a factory restore unless absolutely necessary. Many problems can be overcome in other ways. but if all else fails, and problems continue after the update the remove the memory card, complete the factory restore, and try using the phone for at least a short while before reinserting the memory card, or readding apps/sync accounts to see if there is some difference.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, most people have given up.  If you repeatedly post the truth, and Sprint deems it critical of their behavior, then the posts are taken down by the moderator.

It will be interesting, now that Sprint has been bought by the Japanese firm Softbank whether the idea of customer service will actually change.  I'm only hoping that the idea of quality assurance will change.  Think of the difference between a Ford and a Toyota.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, RC1024.  I did try Kies, but the update wasn't there. Maybe I'll give it try later tonight.  If not  I'll wait a week or so and give our local store a call if it doesn't come through on his phone. 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Gioia999, Most posts that have been removed were likely considered as inflammatory, overly negative, or inappropriate for our Community. the Administrators of the site use this for the guidelines. I'm curious, what differences do you see between Ford, and Toyota?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat