cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

Thank you, please let us know how that goes.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It is really bad that Sprint is removing my posts now. Are'nt we suppossed to be mad? we are paying a good cut out of our paychecks for the service and we are not supposed to be complaining about the mess?

Anywho, RC1024, do you know if the new UD will have still just one button available for a Bluetooth mouse?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

We're not saying that you cannot be mad. just try to abide by our community guidelines. I have no hand in the update process. this update is not likely centered on how Ice Cream Sandwich deals with HID profile in bluetooth, unfortunately I am ill equiped to test, or duplicate problems using a bluetooth mouse. although if you find that all ICS based devices perform this way you may want to post a request in code.google.com. If it seems to be only on this model of phone check with the manufacturer of mouse, they may or may not have a supported device list, at least this will be a good starting point.

Sprint Employee

Thank you, although that is based on consumer reports, my personal experience has been somewhat different (BTW that chart shows GM, Chrysler, Honda, and Toyota. does not show a comparison with Ford.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

Thank you, although that is based on consumer reports, my personal experience has been somewhat different (BTW that chart shows GM, Chrysler, Honda, and Toyota. does not show a comparison with Ford.)

Not to discount your experiences... but like you see in consumer reports, one personal anecdote doesn't really outweigh the experiences of many, and your job isn't to tell us that our phones aren't broken.  They are broken.  That's the point being made here.  There is an abnormally high volume of issues with this particular phone with this particular carrier, with this particular update, and it doesn't reflect well on Sprint (or maybe Samsung, depends which company is passing the blame that day).

Perceived quality is "down."  The masses are angry, and not much has been done in terms of what many of us have seen.  Personally the only improvement i've seen on either of my phones since this whole mess has started is that my GPS has started working, albeit intermittently.  Nothing else has improved, nothing.  All we get in the meantime is "We're working on it."  Or "Your phone is fine," or "Sorry, deal with it and pay your bill," or "Call Samsung," (Who then asks "Have you called Sprint? It's their fault.)  or "We can do nothing for you," or "Yes, this phone is messed up," or "No, we won't offer you an early upgrade."  (After i threw that out as a suggestion to keep my business, i'm even willing to pay new contract price for a new phone!)

It all depends on who you talk to.

In the end, the $150 a month i'm paying for service and the right to use a phone on Sprint's network with all the bells and whistles it should be able to do... is still being paid, and i feel robbed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI, I brought my phone in to be tested. I left my phone with the store and when I came back, they said everything was fine. They said they could do a 4 hour battery test, but I decided it at this point. I have a spare battery and both have the big battery drain, so I know it isn't the battery itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wait.  If you guy had the update correct the first time, there wouldn't need to be two further updates to correst the initial FF18 update.  The FH13 brought no "improvements," but rather was to fix the problems caused by the initial ICS update.  The initial ICS update pushed in mid July.  It is mid October now and I still don't get 4g wimax.  I had to suffer through months of battery drain, lag, no wifi, etc.  Is this the Sprint experience?  When I mentioned the ongoing lack of 4g issue, one of your executive reps actually said that Sprint does not sell 4g service so the point is moot. Are u serious?  My phone is called the epic 4G touch.  When I turn on the phone, the words Sprint and 4G are the first images seen.  She continued to say that it is not a known issue.  2 hours later when she called me back and said that after talking to stores and said it was a common issue (like there is a difference). 

RC1024, when is F127 coming?  Are you also saying that it is perfectly fine for Sprint to hobble a phone for 4+ month?

Highlighted
Journeyman

FF18 should never have been pushed out.  Sprint is the end provider.  It is up to you to make sure that an update is not flawed.  Do you not test the update b4 realeasing it to YOUR customers?  It actually seems that you are bragging about fixing a horrible update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After the update first came out my battery life was horrible.  It has since stabilized some but still drains a lot faster than it used to. But if I use the internet or play a game, then my battery drains really fast. Just a quick surfing of the internet will take at least 10% off my battery, and that's only surfing for 5 minutes or so.  I'm looking forward to upgrading my phone in June, till then I guess I'm stuck with this.  Works fine except the fast battery drain.  Maybe this next patch will help with that?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I don’t feel as if you’ve discounted my experience in the automobile front. I was mostly thinking about the fact that we have no way to gauge the reliability of the data. I have not told one person that they’ve not had any trouble with this phone. Something that I can say with certainty is a relatively small portion of users of this phone have posted here regarding problems that they’ve had. If you are still experiencing any trouble I urge you to have the phone checked, and the problem documented in a service & repair center. That is the only reliable method in place to actively seek improvements, on account that the technicians report the info to the developers, along with necessary test results, or log data to exemplify the problem. Other than that I really don’t have much information about all else that you’ve brought up in your last post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

I don’t feel as if you’ve discounted my experience in the automobile front. I was mostly thinking about the fact that we have no way to gauge the reliability of the data. I have not told one person that they’ve not had any trouble with this phone. Something that I can say with certainty is a relatively small portion of users of this phone have posted here regarding problems that they’ve had. If you are still experiencing any trouble I urge you to have the phone checked, and the problem documented in a service & repair center. That is the only reliable method in place to actively seek improvements, on account that the technicians report the info to the developers, along with necessary test results, or log data to exemplify the problem. Other than that I really don’t have much information about all else that you’ve brought up in your last post.

These are the problems, though.

What you're saying is that unless the problems are found/experienced by Sprint testing directly or reported by the repair centers, nobody is going to do anything about it, and the users of these phones are just stuck in a vacuum until their contract runs out.  Unfortunately for many of us, we bought these phones when we re-signed/started a new contract, so we're stuck with this for a very long period of time, and have lost hope that these will EVER work right again, and the only options given to us by Sprint is to either suck it up and pay the bill, pay a ridiculously large ETF, or pony up a ridiculous amount of money for a new phone.  I personally can't afford either of the options that would actually better my situation.  The best solution at the moment seems to be to sell both of these non-functioning phones to some poor sap who doesn't know any better and put that money towards the ETFs.

I've taken my phones into the Repair Center twice.  Both of those times i was told the phones were working properly.  Obviously, i couldn't disagree more.  Obviously, no data was collected on my phones to be sent to you guys for improvement.  I'm trying to make time in my life to waste another couple hours to go back to the repair center for a third time.  Nobody has time for this.

It's a broken system.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat