cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

Sprint Employee

Re: Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

First let me remind you that this is a process that occurs between the store techs & the developers, and secondly no, that’s not what I’ve said. When you are having trouble which symptoms have you seen?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

First let me remind you that this is a process that occurs between the store techs & the developers, and secondly no, that’s not what I’ve said. When you are having trouble which symptoms have you seen?

I probably took that a little far, but you did say that taking the phones to the repair centers so they can collect the data on the issues is the only reliable method for improvement.  So unfortunately, when we take them to the stores and they don't do anything... it's not helping anything.

My phones both freeze constantly, have utterly horrific battery life, lose data connection constantly, GPS works extremely intermittently, and we have a less than 50% success rate of uploading files from the phones to the internet, whether we're on Wi-fi or not.  The ONLY issue we had with the phones on the Gingerbread OS was that the local network in Indianapolis is maddeningly awful, and something that makes me want to figure out a way to pay the ETFs anyways.  The phones themselves functioned beautifully.

I've been through the wringer with this.  Here's my story.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/486561#486561

Journeyman

ZIP 05403

1. Constant roaming, even in areas where other Sprint phones are not roaming.
  2. Text messages taking 2, 3 days to be received.
  3. Battery life under 5 hours.
  4. Must manually reconnect WiFi when coming back to area of coverage (e.g., coming into work the phone no longer recognizes that it previously connected to office WiFi).
  5. Dropped calls.
  6. Data service just...stops. Starts up again...stops.  Over and over.

We've gone to the Sprint store and nothing has changed. Contacted Sprint, and they want us to go back.  We can't be without working phones. We've already bought  pay-as-you-go for the interim, and decided to pay the ETF and go to another carrier.

Journeyman

I don't know what all this talk is about getting help at Sprint repair centers.  I go in there with a problem and the first thing they do is discuss how much it's going to cost me.  I tell them that the phone has always been malfunctioning, Sprint took my money for it, Sprint controls it, and I'm not paying Sprint anything for getting it working.  They tell me that they'll reflash the firmware or I can send it to Samsung on my own time.  I've done both several times and my phone is still malfunctioning.  Battery life was finally fixed.  Roaming was fixed.  GPS is no logner totally dead but it still virtually never works.  "4G" worked for a while but has failed again.  3G is still unreliable.

So what does Sprint support recommend now?  Should I send my phone to Samsung for another two weeks?  Should I argue with a Sprint repair about whether or not I need to pay for warrany service?  My current favorite solution is to cancel, challenge the ETF, and then persue a refund for services that were not provided.

Journeyman

I have to add my misery because I have had it with this POS company and POS phone and POS service.  I'm not going to get into all the history because let's face it what's the point.  Bottom line is I started service in February of this year and I have had problems since February of this year.  Coming to Sprint was the worst mistake thankfully it is not a life long decision and can easily be fixed (I am sucking it up and paying the ETF to get out and free myself of the headaches).

But before I do I want to add my problems to the list of ICS OS issues.  First off being "forced" or "nagged" to update is the root cause of this.  We should be allowed to say no and that's it.  Instead I say no and minutes later it pops up again and sits there saying an update is available.  So to simply get rid of that bs I did the update.  After the update none of myh previous issues were fixed and I only added to my list of issues.  The major one now being I have 2 email accounts setup on my phone in addition to a gmail account.  One of the emails is POP and the other is exchange.  Now for no apparent reason I will go to my email icon and there are no accounts setup.  I have to add them again.  This has happened 3 times already and today it just happened again which is why I am posting.  I went to the Sprint store a few weeks back to explain my issues and the "greeter" who stands at the little podium when you walk in said that Sprint is aware of the issues and his own wife has the issues and they just deal with it.  I asked what is being done and was basically told I am SOL and to wait and deal with it.  I asked about going back to gingerbread and was told there is no way.  So I was like are you freaking kidding me...you take our money expect us to pay on time but are not delivering what we pay for and we are told sorry your out of luck but keep paying your bill.  Because of past issues I have been in contact with the corporate office.  So now I just let them know everytime i have a problem however that doesn't mean anything is getting fixed.  I am given a thousand "I'm sorry for the problem" yet no resolution, no compensation no nothing.  Just sorry but keep paying your bill.  It is completely disgusting and outrageous how this company operates and sadly going to the coporate office doesn't even fix anything.  How are we supposed to get satisfaction hunt down the CEO and talk to him directly?  I mean really what's the point of offering unlimited data when I can barely get service where I need it.  I will be contacting the corporate office once more but I have no doubt that I will get an "i'm sorry" and then BS about local outages and what not.

Sorry for the rant just had to let it out to people who feel my similar pain

Highlighted
Journeyman

This second replacement GS2 is dying a slow death over here on a daily basis. I am lucky to get two hours of continuos use listening to my Pandora station while using data before the battery needs a charge. The same horrible 3g and 4g connection problems still exist. I have had nothing but problems the whole time I have been using the phones I have bought at the Sprint store and then using these phones on the horrible network they have. This whole experience has been one of the worst experiences I have ever had.

Journeyman

I hear you all, and please RC1024 STOP saying we are a small portion of the problem!!! Come on man! Can't you see this is the most popular thread on the community? And now mysteriously the view count has disappeared?? Are you kidding me???.

Like I said before, not everyone is posting here, They are looking for an answer and all you say is: "Go to the store" and that "we are a small portion of the problem"

When I went to the store, all they said was I need to go back to GB. When you call a Sprint Rep all they do is to blame Samsung, when you call Samsung they blame Google or Sprint, when I try to post something on the google forums nobody answers. I'm on a circle of fire here.

So who's to blame? Sprint says "We tested the update completely before releasing it" yeah right! After many complains from us, they accepted they didn't and release FH13.

Not all the problems are fixed with FH13 yet so...

I hope they finally listen to all of us affected customers and if not fixed with the FI17 or with Jellybean, I think we all should get the cancellation fee waived or an early upgrade or a new LTE capable phone.

Journeyman

I agree with what you've said, but don't hold your breath. 

Sprint Employee

Hello Edgar, I don’t say this to offend you. It’s one of the few facts that I can be certain of in this discussion, the post count, and view count are still visible in the upper left. In short, and I apologize for having repeated this so often. Our method of reporting discovered flaws with any software update, in general, includes having the store technician check the phone out, and report any symptoms that they can duplicate to the developers. From the developers they feedback to the manufacturer. Since any of us here in community.sprint.com are outside of this loop, we do not have direct interaction in this process, or are privy to the details surrounding plans of an update, or a definitive list of reported problems. I don’t have the answers that I feel you are looking for because it’s something I am not a part of.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

Hello Edgar, I don’t say this to offend you. It’s one of the few facts that I can be certain of in this discussion, the post count, and view count are still visible in the upper left. In short, and I apologize for having repeated this so often. Our method of reporting discovered flaws with any software update, in general, includes having the store technician check the phone out, and report any symptoms that they can duplicate to the developers. From the developers they feedback to the manufacturer. Since any of us here in community.sprint.com are outside of this loop, we do not have direct interaction in this process, or are privy to the details surrounding plans of an update, or a definitive list of reported problems. I don’t have the answers that I feel you are looking for because it’s something I am not a part of.

How should I handle my situation? I have been to the store twice. Both time my phone and battery checked out fine. At this point to I just live with the horrible battery life and signal? I don't know what else to do.

Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

Fair enough.

Who does have the answers, then?  Nobody anyone here has talked to so far has any answers, and the stores aren't helping.

Journeyman

I hate to bring it up but I think everyone with a problem should file a corporate complaint.  If enough people make a stink to the "higher" ups maybe something will be done even if it is just waiving an ETF fee or upgrade fee or something.  If you need info on how to message me.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat